Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IloveMySon Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Am I pregnant
    OK well, my name is ashlee, I had my period feb. 24th 08, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex march 14th 08, he ejaculated in me, on march 21st I had some brown discharge then it turned light pink and then it went away, I looked online they called it implantation bleeding, I haven't got my period yet, its march. 25th today? HELP!! :confused: :(
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 25, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Hun its march 25th.you need to go and do a home prgnancy test[with morning sample] or go to your doctors for ablood test
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Mar 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Yes, that could have been implantation bleeding because you did have sex around the time you should have ovulated. Its best to take a pregnancy test just to be sure.

Mar 25, 2008, 02:46 PM
    I took a HPT last night before I went to sleep it said negative, should I try again in a week or so

Mar 25, 2008, 02:56 PM
    You should wait another 4-5 days and try again. Sometimes the HPT can't detect the HCG that early on.

Mar 25, 2008, 02:58 PM
    OK so you really think that's what it is? I'm stressin I have a 13 month already, and my boyfriend now is looking stuff up online and there isn't nothing else, because when I thought I was getting my period it was brown then a light pink then went away all in 30 minutes it was scary

Mar 25, 2008, 03:46 PM
    I forgot to add next time you test to use your first morning urine. The pregnancy hormone is higher then.

Try this site if you need information on implantation bleeding.

Baby, Pregnancy, Toddler, Baby Names, and Parenting Community - BabyCenter

Mar 25, 2008, 03:48 PM
    I read about implantation bleedin with my BF its scared me, because I keep hoping maybe my period will come before the month is over, but no sign it is
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2008, 03:50 PM
    I agree u need to do a home test or go to the docs for a blood test

Mar 25, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Well I did a home test before I went to sleep last night it said negative, but wit my son I have now, it took me like 2 negative test before I got a positive, they said I got pregnant June 13 and I didn't turn a HPT till July 5th
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 25, 2008, 04:08 PM
    You need to do apregnancy test in the MORNING with the first morning urine
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Implanation bleeding has not been proven either direction.

It's equally possible that you just had an "off" period (which happens to all of us occasionally) or that you're pregnant.

If you didn't get a positive HPT for you son, then I'd get my butt into the doctor for a blood test if I were you.

And if you don't want to get pregnant, get your butt on birth control while you're there.

Mar 25, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Well I was on birth control but I didn't wait as long as my doc told me to we had unprotected sex and I came hom and realized I missed my pill for that night

And this brown stuff has never happened to me before
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 04:15 PM
    When is your period actually due?

Mar 25, 2008, 04:17 PM
    It was supposed to come last Wednesday, because I was on Birth control but the night we had sex I forgot my pill, and its supposed to start at the beginning of the off week on the pill, which would b 6 days ago
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 04:19 PM
    <threads merged>

Mar 25, 2008, 04:21 PM
    J_9 what's the last message mean it says threads merge
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Well, seeing as how you missed a pill, this could have thrown your period off. But since you are only 6 days late, this is not really considered late in the medical community even for the most regular woman. Now, add that you have started oral contraceptives. Your period just may have been thrown off track.

If you are concerned you need to take another pregnancy test using first morning urine only. If it comes up negative, wait a week and take another one.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMySon
    J_9 whats the last message mean it says threads merge
    It means you posted the same question twice and got different answers. I merged the answers together as it is not necessary to post questions twice

Mar 25, 2008, 04:24 PM
    OK well maybe it was just thrown off I hope, I already have a 13 month old don't quite need another right now, I am a single parent so ill pray
    Sinead_s Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 04:29 PM
    When I had the same problem I went to my doctors in the afternoon done a pregnancy test and it was negative but I wasn't so sure that evening I went to tesco got another test ( pack of 2 ) and done it before I went to bed it was again negative, I then spoke to my partner about it and he said its better to be safe than sorry do one more in the morning if its negative then we will agree with it... I done the pregnancy test and it come up positive, you really do need to do the test in the morning I promise u, if your worried or uncertain go to your GP or local drop in clinic they will do a pregnancy test and if its negative they will do tests for other things ( don't take that in the wrong way though please )
    Good luck! Let us know how you get on! :) Sinead

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm showing signs of pregnancy such as fatigue, firm but not tender breast, increased appetite, and frequent urination... is it possible that I'm not pregnant with all these symptoms?

Mirena expired, could I be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I have had the Mirena IUD in for almost 6 years exactly (1 year past expiration, I know). In this instance, with the Mirena expired, would it still be possible for me to get pregnant? I have been exceptionally tired lately, and my breasts really hurt. I already have 3 children so I should know...

Want to get pregnant! [ 6 Answers ]

:) How many days does it take to ovulate after your period is done?

View more questions Search