Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srulik86 Posts: 168, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Am I doing the right thing?
    OK sto cut a long story short, after months of her being confused, my ex girlfriend finally told me last night (through text) that she thinks I'm themost caring, nicest guy she's ever met, had such greta times with me, will be jeaous for ages because she is not over me and had felt so down and crappy all day so god only knows if she soding the right thing but she doesn't see anything long term with me. She is 19 I'm 21, we started going out in sep, then split up in November, but bene up and down ever since and see each other evry day at college. Currently we are on easter break and are 4 weeks away from seeing each other again at skool, I text her back last night saying 'i guess I was wrog about you all along - I COULD see osmething long term hence my sticking aorund for so long. But now time to go our separate ways'... she replied saying 'you weren't wrong about me all along :('. No what do I do? Because I do honestly believe we are meant for each other and I still believe she has strong feelings for me. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't text her nad my plan is not to get in contact at all... ive blocked her on my Facebook, msn and even deleated her number. Am I doing the right thing? Naturally I'm hoping she'll start to miss me and when we go back to college she'll realise. But I just need some advice from people who know and have been here before. Thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2008, 05:41 PM
    I agree that cutting contact, is the thing to do, as her words say one thing, but her actions say something else. Disappear from her life, and build one without her in it.

Mar 27, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Thanks guys. Its been 3 days and its been though. I've been so tempted to text her but what I've been doing is writing out the text and then saving it in my drfts so late rill read it and be gla di never sent it. Do you think with what she has been syaing though that there is a chance when we go bck to college. Like I would do anything to get back with her... but I don't want to be the one chasing her... id love it if she relaised and came back to me... so should I carry on doing what I'm doing?
    Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 04:23 PM
    like I would do anything to get back with her...
    Is that what you think, she is thinking about YOU?

Mar 28, 2008, 02:14 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean talaniman. But yea id like to think she is thinking about me. I don't know whether I really should just leave it now and stay cut off from her and never try again... or whether I should contact her tell her I miss her etc. I like to think she is missing me and thinking about me and would do anything to get back with her... but like I said in my provious post I won't want to chase her. The long and short of her last message was basically she doenst see anything long term with us although shed be happy to date me when we get back... which bascially means she'd go back out with me for a bit but there will come a time when she will dump me again. Which I think is ridiclous. I had a girlfriend before who I thought this about and turned out to be oine of the ebst gf's I ever had. In you opinion what would you do right now? Would you just leave it, move on and hope she comes back to u... or would you tell her how much you mis her etc, tr6y and drum up some emotion in her. At the moment she knows I don't wan any conctact with her... which ud be why she isn't contacting me. Please any help would be greatly appricaiated. I'm going mad here.
    Expert

Mar 28, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Relax. The relationship is over, and its time to heal your heart, and focus on building your own life, that makes you happy without her. We all go through the same process of letting go, and moving on. For more details, click on the links in my signature, and see if they apply to your situation. Let me know what you think. No contact with her, and time, allows you to get over exes, and make better decisions about your life.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Mar 28, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Srulik:

Look, she is a college girlfriend. What you like now in a woman will change in a few years. Even though you are feeling the pain, it is best to stay away from here and look for another girl. I promise you, you will find someone better, even though right now, you may not think so.

Also, is english your first language? If not, you have a pass. You are in college about to go into the workforce in a few years. Your spelling and grammar is atrocious. You need to concentrate on your studies. Just because, you can get away with poor spelling on text messages, doesn't mean that it wise to do the same when conversing with the public.

Please do not take this as an insult, but as a tip for someone who has been in your shoes before.
    shanaldo Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2012, 05:45 PM
    Live your life, my dear. If it is meant to happen, it will happen. Avoid her... see if she comes back. The old saying is true: If you love something, set it free. If is comes back, it was meant to be." If not... then it wasn't. You are no less worthy because someone broke your heart... it must happen for you to grow!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

One thing they never tell you about [ 5 Answers ]

I just wanted to stop by here and post a quick note of advice to all you moms and soon to be moms. When in the hospital etc, you are always showered with advice on what to do, and what to remember etc. One thing they never seem to mention is to check your children's toes and fingers often. The...

Did I do the right thing [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, First of all thanks for listen to me... I'm a 27 yrs lesbian with 2 kids. I've been in 3 lesbian relationships in the 8 yrs I been a lesbian. One was for 4 yrs,other 1yr.. abut the one that have me really...

How do I know I'm doing the right thing! [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 8 years. We have two Kids (Boy 5 and Girl 6) Our familys Have been a great help with a lot over the years however I have had a lot emotional problems since having the kids. I used to work in the clubs (bar work) and now the kids are at school I have gone back...

View more questions Search