Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    losingpatience Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Can I Break my contract and not lose my money?
    I signed a contract for a new condo in January of 07. I have still not closed. The last truth & lending I signed was for FHA @ 5.5% although I had one for another loan before that at a much higher rate. The builder let their FHA approval expire before closing and now they want to put me in another loan @ 6.5%. Can I brake my contract and not forfeit my downpayment of $16,100?
    Katiegirlisme Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by losingpatience
    I signed a contract for a new condo in January of 07. I have still not closed. The last truth & lending I signed was for FHA @ 5.5% although I had one for another loan before that at a much higher rate. The builder let their FHA approval expire before closing and now they want to put me in another loan @ 6.5%. Can I brake my contract and not forfeit my downpayment of $16,100?
    I would have to say that nobody can answer this without reading your contract. I would suggest that you read your contract very carefully and if you can't figure it out, then go to a paralegal and pay the price to get the appropriate and correct answer to your question.

The small fee for getting the correct answer is well worth it rather than risk losing the escrow/deposit money.

Kate
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Mar 25, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Most contracts state that you have to be able to acquire a loan for such and such percentage rate in order for it to be a valid contract does yours say anything about that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I break a listing contract with my realtor in Kansas? [ 1 Answers ]

I met iwht a realtor on 3/13/08. He was to list my house on the MLS on 3/17/08. It is end of business on 3/19 and there is nothing on the web about my house. Is it possible to cancel my contract with him because he's not doing what he said?

I want to break of the Joint lease, Contract is 2 years [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We are in dilemma, My daughter is renting an apartment with a roommate, the contract was for 2 years ending Apr 2009, things did not go well with the roommate and now we want to terminate the contract, we talked to the landlord asking for a room assignment, landlord agreed on the idea but...

Real Estate contract with no earnest money after it is stated, is it legal? [ 7 Answers ]

HI: I have a contract with a buyer to purchase my home and he stated in it that he would give me $20. As earnest money - he has given me none - is this a binding contract? This is a long story but my house went into a sheriff sale and I had 12 days to redeem, because I got this investor...

Cases n Statues Real Estate/Contract Law.Earnest Money [ 5 Answers ]

Help, I need to find cases and Statues on Real Estate/Contract Law.concerning Earnest Money I looked at the Law Library but didn't find much that would pertain to my need, the librarian explaining is due to not having had any previous cases like it. I was selling my property to a buyer for...

Buyer's Break Contract 3 weeks before closing [ 5 Answers ]

We had a contract for our house and it was off the market for 1 month. There were some minor home inspections issues. We went back to them with a resonalbe offer fix the "problems". That was not acceptable to them and they got an estimate from a consultant. We finally received the estimate from...

View more questions Search