Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shawnee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 07:24 PM
    Excel line chart - no lines
    I made an excel line chart for church attendance on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Thursday night. The markers are there to show the attendance, but there are no connecting lines even though I chose line chart. I have made a line chart before and it did have the lines. Does anyone know why the lines are not there and how I can add the lines to this chart?

I did not choose scatter chart, so I'm not sure what is going on?
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 5, 2006, 11:47 PM
    Hi,
    Check the chart style. Are you using the XY (Scatter) without lines or you are using the Line Chart with lines?

Feb 6, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Hi,
    I got you now. Here you go. Right Click the markers > Format Data Series. You will get the window for Formating Data Series. There are two sides. One for the Marker and the left one for Lines. I think you might have checked "None". Select Automatic and click OK. Then the lines will appear. Do the same for each series.

Feb 6, 2006, 05:37 PM
    I don't know how to respond to you. Last time I clicked Comment on this Post but this time it won't let me use that... says I have to spread it around so I clicked Answer this Question. Maybe that's what I was supposed to do anyway?

Anyway, I did follow the instruction in your email, but found that automatic was already selected for line and marker so it's not that. If you have any other ideas I sure appreciate it!

Feb 6, 2006, 08:46 PM
    Hi,
    Don't click the "Comment on this post" unless my post helps you to solve the problem. In your case I think it must be something related to the program itself. I have told what I normally check in such cases but your case seems different. Will keep you posted.

Feb 6, 2006, 09:30 PM
    Okay, thanks for all your help!
    answeronequestion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 07:50 PM
    I had a similar problem I was comparing scores to weeks and in the graph I had weeks 1,2,3,4,5 etc. in their own cells and next to it I had the scores 70 72 69 78 79 etc, and I highlighted both sets of cells and told it to make a graph and no line appeared, I fixed the problem by only highlighting the scores 70 72... and then telling it to make a line graph and it worked. Hope this helps anyone who has future problems
    theangryfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2010, 09:58 PM
    This problem has been bugging me for ages, but I finally worked it out. In Excel 2007, right click on the chart and choose 'select data'. Click the button in the bottom left that says 'Hidden and Empty Cells'. Then choose the option 'Connect data points with a line'. Hope this helps.
    steca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2011, 05:51 AM
    Thanks Theangryfish, it works perfectly.
    GreatPond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2014, 06:52 AM
    Just saw this thread and it saved me much frustration! Appreciate your expertise Theangryfish

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewire from 2 phone lines back to one line [ 7 Answers ]

Added line 2 for dedicated dial-up line. Now have DSL & don't need both lines. However, line 2 is wired to room with computer & line 1 has DSL. Can I go to box outside & rewire line 2 with line 1 & put all jacks in the house On line 1? Hope you understand what I am asking. Any help would be...

How to export database of chart prepared in powerpoint to excel worksheet [ 1 Answers ]

I have prepared one chart in powerpoint using excel worksheet. The worksheet was updated in powerpoint and no of slides of powerpoint were prepared. Now I want to import these charts in excel worksheet. I need help to perform this function.

Air in lines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with air when I turn on any water outlet in the home, including when the toilets flush. I am on a submersible pump well system. I just recently purchased the home which was empty for about two years. The air is not all the time, but when it does it, it spurts for 5 sec.- 30 sec. at...

Gas Lines [ 7 Answers ]

I need to add a hook-up for our gas dryer in the basement. After surveying what is already there I have noticed that all of the gas lines run (hang actually) about 10” below the floor joists. I’m wondering is this code (I live in Maryland)? Why did they not run them along the bottom of the...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search