Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Superman dog jumping fences
    I have a 1 year old pit who has been nothing but a four legged turbo charged homewrecker. I can overlook the warzone in the backyard, and the destruction of every pair of underwear I have ever bought, but now he's becoming a neighborhood nuisance. He's dug under our fence and escaped so many times--we've had to dig a trench around the entire yard and put down aluminum siding... which I technically wasn't supposed to do, but now he takes a running start and jumps our 6 foot privacy fence. I don't know what to do. I live in an area where I'm not allowed to tie my dogs up, even if I did he barks, which I've already received complaints about. I rent so I can't add extensions or even build a dog run. I've resorted to keeping him kennelled up in the house while I'm at work, which works-but even if I'm outside playing with him, he'll get a wild hair up his butt and take off and does his superman move over the fence. He just goes to the front door, but I'm at a total loss for what to do, I'm mostly concerned because he's a pit and all it takes is for him to offer an overly friendly greeting and I'm getting sued for something. Any ideas would be great.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Wow, super dog. If you have the time, take him to agility training. He's very proud of his abilities. Reward him when he isn't doing the super dog thing. "Punish" him when he jumps the fence and goes around to the front door by ignoring him (after you let him in.) Keeping him in while you're at work is probably necessary at this point. Sounds like you''re in a tough spot though. He may need a new home, ideally one you can make dog-proof without a landlord's permission.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 25, 2008, 07:10 AM
    You could try one of those invisible fence collars so if he gets near the fence it will shock him, might keep him from jumping over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Superman glass light fixture (1978) [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Superman ceiling light fixture, 12 x 12 inch with 3-D Superman lettering across top, Superman breaking a chain, Clark Kent, Superman exiting a phone booth and a Superman logo. "DC COMICS INC. 1978" is printed in bottom right hand corner. All is in brilliant color without fading or wear. I...

Dog and jumping at lights. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one and a half year old lab. He is fairly over active for starters. However, recently he's developed a new liking to chasing light fixtures. He literally jumps from couch to couch, on top of people, on the table, anything to get as close as he can to the light on the ceiling. The light...

Cat fences [ 1 Answers ]

First, let me say that I do not want to start an indoor/outdoor debate. Second, I want to say that I have no affiliation to any company I am going to mention. The following is simply my personal experience, which I am passing along for other people who have indoor/outdoor cats. I have a cat...

Fences over property lines for 20-30 years [ 1 Answers ]

Property lines and fences. Owner of vacant lot did not keep up property. Fences were put up to keep weeds and debri from comeing into ajoining lots. Our fence has been up for at least 20 years. In one place it is 1.55 feet over their property line in anther it is flush with the property line....

Superman [ 3 Answers ]

Superman is at rest in space when he throws an asteroid that has more mass than he does. Which moves more faster, Superman, the asteroid, or both at the same speed.

View more questions Search