Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmbailey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Painful bumps on the back of my head
    I first noticed a hard (quite large) bump behind my right ear two nights ago with a small one right below it, neither of them painful. Last night I started having pain on the back of my head and felt some sizy lumps that hurt even more when I touched them. It's worrying me a little bit because there are more there tonight than there were yesterday. Has anyone ever had this? Someone said that it could be swollen lymph nodes, but I haven't been sick in the past few weeks and I don't have any cuts or pimples anywhere on my head that might cause this. I've also been having some pain behind my right eye but only when I look far to my right or to my left, not when just sitting normal. Any information would be appreciated.:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Sounds like you need to go to the doc asap
    If they are multiplying at that rate and up in your eye area it DOESN'T sound like it is something simple like a cyst or something.
    kantor11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 08:39 AM
    This could be a lot of things, since your bumps are painful I would say that it is an infection the problem is that we don't know where it is, it can be cause by an ear or throat infection, most of them are benign (viruses), if it doesn't disappear in one week you should seek some medical attention just to be in the safe side.
    Good Luck
    lheannejam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 04:58 AM
    I have the same problem... before that,. I got rashes all over my body but its not itchy, its just red and tiny,. and then the next day,. I laid down and I felt something painful on the back of my head... its a lump it's the size of a penny,. and whenever I touched it,. its very painful... and I noticed that its not only one but five,. one on my left head part and one from below it and then one from the right part of my head and two from my neck below my ears the other one from the left and the other one from the right,. need help ***... im worried it may lead to a cyst or worst a cancer... need help...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps near head of my penis [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm 22 and for the last month or so I've had bumps on the top of the shaft under the head. They're only on the left side, only show up when I have an erection (not all the time) and go away when I'm flaccid. Sometimes there is more and it feels like lining of some sort. I'm starting to worry.

Painful white spots on penis head [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have developed some small painful white spots on my penis head this week and don't know what they could be? They are painful to touch and are right on the end of the head. I have a long term relationship with my partner and we do not use condoms but she had check ups a few weeks ago which...

Painful scalp bumps or cysts [ 1 Answers ]

I have painful bumps or cysts on my scalp. They tend to come and go. This only started when I was 23. I am now 25. I am a female African American. I have seen the DR, and he said it was " hydonitus"? Can anyone help me? Is it serious? What causes it?

Black Head Squeezer Left With Painful Sores [ 2 Answers ]

Late one lonely night I was looking in the bathroom mirror. I found a few or more black heads all around my facial area. I did a really stupid thing. I started picking and squeezing all around and over and over again and again until all the black heads were out of my face. I don't know what possed...

View more questions Search