Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Belizeangial Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Blond hair to brown hair and green again
    I've been dying my hair the lightest blond I can find for about 15 years. I wanted to get back to my original colour a dirty blond or light brown (it's been awhile). So I bought a brown dye and put it on. As it washes out it is looking a little green. Should I dye it the same colour again or what. I want to be able to get to my natural colour without bands of colour around my head, cutting it or looking like a freak. :) Thanks in advance
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 31, 2008, 05:41 PM
    If you wanted to go from light blonde to dirty blonde, it could have done by using a neutral base dirty blonde or dark blonde hair color. Some brown hair colors contain a green or blue base which can cause a green cast on blonde hair. Keep in mind that red neutralizes green. Therefore, you can use a reddish hair color to neutralize the green cast and then apply a warm brown color over it. However, if you want a lighter blonde color, you will need to bleach out the underlying pigment and then apply the desired color. If you have the time, go to a salon and have a color correction done.
    liveok Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2010, 02:56 PM

Your lighter colored ends will fade through and fastest if you are applying dark over them. In general going from blonde to brown can require having the reds that were "lightened" out of your hair reapplied. We are talking a serious shade or oranges and red combined.. Then once washed and dried applying a neutral brown over that will equal a brown shade that's not ashy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Wants blond & black hair w/ roots all blond. [ 3 Answers ]

So the issue is is that a few months ago, I'm estimating about 6 -8, I wanted to put a blond patch in my hair with purple tips. But the blond turned gray.so we did again and it turned a lighter grey and then we put in the purple tips and it looks plumish. I was upset about it so my mom went to get...

Dark brown hair dye turned my hair red! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I wanted to dye my hair dark brown, and it came out a deep red, that was lighter red at the roots. I had it dyed to ash brown (my natural color) and if faded in about 3 days. So 2 weeks later my hair was red again so I got it dyed ash brown again. And after a few days it started fading,...

Blond Hair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tone hair that is too blonde?

View more questions Search