Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red grasshopper12 Posts: 238, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Meowing in cats!
    My sister has a cat, I go over to her house to take of it, when she needs it. But the thing I would like to know is he always meows. What could that mean?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2008, 06:38 PM
    He is saying he is happy to see you. Thank you for taking care of him.
    Meowing usually means being content.

Mar 24, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Sometimes I thought he could be lonely because she had another cat but it got that fiv
    joeoconnell2008 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Well I have cats.
    And when they meow they want food ,attention or even milk.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Our four cats meow to say hello and hope that we feed them soon. They make other sounds too, like little happy sounds or "what are you doing?" sounds or "leave me alone" sounds. Some cats 'talk' a lot and some don't have much to say--sort of like people.

Mar 24, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Yup you are probably right, but he likes to follow me around the house. I think that is cute:p :p
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Our cats have each attached themselves to one person in the family. My cat is the part-Abyssinian one named Thomas Jefferson. He talks a lot and likes to be with me, to watch everything I do and to lie on a newspaper or magazine or book when I try to read it. Maybe your sister's cat has chosen you to be a special friend.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Cats Meow, Dogs Bark, Birds whistle, Horses neigh.

That's just the way it is.

Mar 25, 2008, 10:58 AM
    I just love yhis cat. He is funny. And black and white with green eyes. We think he is a Maine coon cat cause he has a bushy tail.
    HSK Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

Mar 25, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Cats are not really vocal creatures. Feral cats do not make much noise at all. Domesticated cats see us as the dominant cat in the house, and they learn to communicate with us by making cat noises. Meowing, chirping, meowing and purring at the same time.
    The kitty could be trying to tell you something, just letting you know he is there, or just saying hey. All of my cats have a different way of talking to me, and they use different sounds depending on what they want. They are such wonderful curious creatures.
    marriaget Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Nov 2, 2008, 12:20 PM
    To be honest, it could mean anything. You have to match the body language too, and what it's doing. If it's rubbing against the walls when you walk in, it's like Hello.

If it continuously meows, I don't think that's too good, give it some attention.

Always pet it, and show love, feed it... with some treats... don't make it fat!. etc.etc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My five year old cat is meowing and spraying non stop what do I do? [ 5 Answers ]

My cat goes from spraying over my bedroom and loudly crying everywhere she goes. She does this for about four days or more then stops for a few days and does it again, what's wrong with her? She seems to be in heat but she seems to be in it longer than the last and soon after the last. She's not...

Unusual Meowing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a gray tabby cat about 16 month old. She was a stray so I'm not sure of her age. We went away this week-end for an overnight trip. Left her and my calico in the house together. When we came home of course she immediately wanted to go out (they are outside about 40% of the time, never at...

9 cats [ 1 Answers ]

I have 9! 4 are about 3 months old. I just dosed them (8) of with Advantage... How long until they can play outside?? And, do I have to bomb my house? Thanks. Brr meow meow

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

View more questions Search