Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0926ann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Under house insulation
    I want to insulate under my house, I have a crawl space with dirt on the floor and my floors are wood. What can I use to keep out the cold air from coming up through my wood floors during the winter months?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 25, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Use batt insulation between the floor joists.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Lay a visqueen plastic vapor barrier on the dirt floor and then the batt insulation between the joists like amricca suggests. Be sure the vapor barrier on the insulation is up againist the underside of the floor. Your crawl space should also be vented.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Mar 30, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Excellent answer from ballengerb1, all I can add is to use r 30 for floors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What will lack of Insulation in the house mean? [ 6 Answers ]

The inspection that was just concluded on the home I want to buy shows that there are no insulation in the attic, and there is no evidence of insulation in the walls of the house. What is the implication of this and what can I do to correct it? More so, is it very expensive to do this? Thanks

House painting vs insulation [ 1 Answers ]

What questions should I ask in regard to: Painting over cedar shake shingles and blow in insulation Or Putting vinyl siding directly over shingles vs taken shingles off

Insulation [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the state of Massachusetts,so it very cold here.when I take the old window out and the weight of the window what type of insulation should I put in the gap inside. Thanks

Insulation [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what the pros and cons are to putting insulation on the ceiling of a basement. The reason for my asking is someone has told me that it isn't wise because cold air doesn't rise anyways(I already knew that) and you would cut any heat off coming from the boiler and water heater that...

Cables in wall and house insulation [ 3 Answers ]

I believe the code forbids running cables so that they Are in contract with each other. If you pass through A beam, I believe they allow 24 inches of contact. How many cables can go through each hole and How big must a hole be? What is the allowable method of running several Cables...

View more questions Search