Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ddog336 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Kenmore Dishwasher "clean" light flashes won't run?
    I have a Kemore dishwasher Model #665.17019401, the clean light keeps flashing and it will not run. You press normal wash and start and the start button blinks but will not start. The manual says it may be the heater circuit, but that is not a part name I guess it has to do with the hetare elctronics maybe the Thermal fuse? Anyone know? It says to call a repair technician which we did. Just trying to see if I can save some cash and fix myself.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Try pressing the heated wash then heated dry one after the other about 5 times. This should reset the unit.
    the4mcds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Comment on esquire1's post
    Yes! This resets the unit, but why do I have to do it EVERY time I want to run the dishwasher? Is there not a permanent fix for this?
    johann alatorre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 08:50 PM
    MY kenmore washer was flashing on clean and it wasn't turning on..
    I had to reset it... Very simple press high temp wash then press heated dry about three times that will reset your washer...
    hunterjoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 06:49 AM
    Perfect solution!
    I remember this from 4-5 years back and it worked again. I have replace the Heater element, water pump and main motor already in 9 years.

I am so used to working on this, I guess even though it does not hold up for 15-20 years, at least a person can take it apart and fix it.

With this computer help here, it is great to know that we do not have to eat the cost of another unit right now. Already having 4-5 other things go out this year, it is a 2012 pain in the Arss year for us.

Thanks for all that contribute to these online help/fix it/DYI sites!!

Very best to you all!!

: PS: also.
    We pushed heat/dry then hi-temp wash, back and forth a few times and it reset.
    Easy to see reset, the lights all go in cycles and one can see it is resetting.

Thanks again. I hope my addition helps as well. We do not have heat dry and other heat button, but what I did worked.
    It is all in the : OPTIONS buttons. I just the Options button are the reset KEY, as it where.

Best regards to all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite dishwasher - blinking clean light [ 24 Answers ]

The clean light on my dishwasher keeps blinking and the dishwasher won't work. How can I fix this?

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher flashing "clean" light needs to be reset [ 110 Answers ]

We paid a Sears repairman to come out when we had a flashing "Clean" light on our dishwasher, A Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.1603 or 1703, and he gave us the diagnostic code (buttons to push on the operating panel) and we have used it again after that, but I cannot find the order of the buttons to push...

Heater won't kick on LED flashes "2" times ? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with my heat kicking on after not using it for the summer , I went to the roof and trouble shooted and there is a LED light that flashes 2 times . The manual says If the Led flashes 2 times it's the end switch , if the end switch doesn't close before the ignition period ....

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

View more questions Search