Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Mar 24, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Truck horn honks when I turn
    I have a 1997 nissan pickup and my steering wheel started sounding like there was something loose in it. When I would turn it would make like a click sound and sometimes rattles. Now when I turn hard corners I can hear something inside the steering wheel shift and my horn honks. It is driving me crazy and I would like to have a basic idea what it could be before I throw hundreds of bucks at someone trying to fix it. If you can help I would be very grateful!
    chelocs14 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
    No offence but dump the thing get rid of it and get a new one itn will cost u more to fix it than to bye a new on
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 04:53 PM

When the horn wire touches ground, the horn will sound.
    Do your Turn signals, Hazzards, wipers, cruise control work OK?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Dissembly will reveal the problem.
    A cheap fix would be to disconnect horn wire, and connect to a push button switch with other wire to ground.
    I guess If you have excessive funds as mentioned above, buy a new truck, if you have little or no money, the external is a cheap fix.
    Best to restore to original.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2003 ford explorer tail lights will not go off when I turn off the truck [ 9 Answers ]

My 2003 ford explorer's tail lights stay on when I turn the truck off. How do I fix this problem?

Truck will not fire up, it turn over but will not start [ 18 Answers ]

My husbands 2001 chevy s10 4cylinder broke down. It turn over but will not fire up. What could be the problem. And how hard is it to fix? And how affordable.

Truck horn replacement! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know how many horns are in my 98 chevy chevy silverado truck and where are they located and how to remove them to install some louder ones. Thank you.

Truck Will crank but not turn over [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1994 Chevy pickup 1500 series cheyenne and sometimes when it gets really humid and dew point is high truck will not turn over, any suggestions of what to do

View more questions Search