nurse89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Verifying Trig Proofs
    Csc X - Sin X= (cot X)(cos) Solve
    Please Show Me Step By Step
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 09:10 AM
    For problems like this it's often best to start by changing the original equation into a form consisting of only sine and cosine. Then simplify as best you can. I'll get you started:

csc x - sin x = 1/(sin x) - sin x.

Now multiply through by sin x/sin x:

[1 - (sin x)^2]/sin x.

You should be familiar with the expression 1 - (sinx)^2 is equal to. Can you take it from here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Verifying trig identity! [ 5 Answers ]

I can't solve this for the life of me and I am sure I will feel like an idiot after seeing the solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I pull my hair out over this little problem! Argh! verify the identity: sin4x = 8cos"cubed"xsinx - 4cosxsinx if any help, I tried factoring...

Need help with simplifying, factoring, and verifying in Trigonometry [ 1 Answers ]

have a take home quiz that I need to do well on. Having trouble with these: Simplify. + Factor and then simplify. (sec^2x-1)/(1+secx) Factor then simplify. Cos^4x-2cos^2+1 Verify. (cotx tanx)/sinx=cscx

Need to verifying Trig identities [ 5 Answers ]

I'm stuck! Can someone please help? I need to verify? tanx + cotx = 2tanx - cscx secx and

Verifying Double Angle Trig Identities [ 1 Answers ]

Prove: cos(4x) = 1 - 8(sinx)^2(cosx)^2 I have tried and tried and keep ending up with: (cosx)^4 - 6(cosx)^2(sinx)^2 + (sinx)^4

Verifying trig identities [ 2 Answers ]

this one has got me stumped can anyone help me please:confused: Verify: _1_ - __cosB__= tanB cosB 1+sinB

View more questions Search