Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orgenm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 01:31 PM
    Hampton Bay/Home Depot
    Is there any truth to advice someone gave me never to purchase lighting fixtures such as Hampton Bay (or other Home Depot stuff), mainly because their being manufactured in China makes them of inferior quality and that they will corrode or otherwise breakdown very quickly?
    :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2006, 04:04 PM
    Not sure how this site and Goggle work, but there are a ton of questions on Hampton Bay Fans, thermostats (especially Honeywell RTH 230B), and Hondas. Browse back through E&L and you will see more fan questions than good answers. Judge for yourself.
    orgenm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
    I'm referring to plain light fixtures that hold two or three bulbs. They seem like simple enough devices.
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

Feb 5, 2006, 08:42 PM
    Hampton Bay products in general are low grade items. A lot of stuff is made in China these days which doesn't make them bad. No lesson on the global economy here, but I've had several HB fixtures and they were made of very thin metal and very flimsy overall-just looked cheap. You get what you pay for.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 05:14 AM
    See https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=19859

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay fan [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can get a 1.75mf capacitor for my ceiling fan?

Which brand water heater to buy? Shopping at Home Depot [ 20 Answers ]

Looks like I'll be shopping for a new water heater soon. Very soon. My currrent water heater after calling the manufacturer has been installed in my house since 1994 that has a listed life expectantcy of 8-12 years. So I think I'm on borrowed time. It still sends out hot water and sends it out...

Hampton bay fan [ 8 Answers ]

I removed an existing fan with a light. It has 3 switches,1 for the fan and 2 for the light(1 upstairs 1 downstairs). There is a normal 3 wire loom coming out of the ceiling(black,white,copper). I installed the new fan with light and it didn't work.The white wire gets power with one switch,the...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

Possession of a controlled stubstance (Testosterone Depot) [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone can help me out!! I was flying into the states from Bogotá Colombia, connecting in Houston to Fly to Orlando, Florida. I was returning from visiting my Colombian wife who is in Bogotá. When I was connecting in Houston, US Customs stopped me. The US Customs began to search my bags and...

View more questions Search