Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuisGarcia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Child Vistation
    I want to gain more time-share with my 13 year old son, but the mother doesn't want me to have more time because it will lessen her child support. What do I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 24, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Visitation and child support are generally not tied together. Unless you are increasing the visitation where youhave the child a significant percentage of the time, that shouldn't cause modification of the support agreement.

But the issue needs to be resolved in court. You have to petititon for a modification of the visitation schedule.
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2008, 09:16 PM
    I don't really have an answer just opinions, but as a mother-i would think she would want you to spend more time with your son. Money isn't why you had a baby in the first place. I only wish my son's father wanted to spend ANY time with him... and I don't even get child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Child care expense credit ffor a resident alien child with ITIN [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a resident alien on a J1 (do not get W2) while my husband is on J2 and gets W2. Can I claim child care expense credit for my resident alien son who has a ITIN? I was wondering this since I might not qualify for earned income but my husband income does, can we claim the child care expense...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search