Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mister Bigsby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Urinates in crate
    I'm crart training my cairn pup (5 months old) but he still urinates in the crate while I'm at work. At what age does he gain long term control?
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2008, 08:40 PM
    There's not really a set age. Some dogs just take longer to adjust. Have you made sure that the crate just isn't too big for him? If it's too big, he can urinate in one spot and will still move around so as not to lie in it. Also, if there is any kind of soft bedding, like a blanket, in his crate, it may soak up the mess so he's not really "disturbed" by it. Try taking everything out--sometimes that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Separation anxiety and crate training issues. How can we house train without crate [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We have got what is now a 7 month old black lab mix. Nearly everything I've read about house training involves crate training. Unfortunately, our puppy has some severe anxiety issues (separation anxiety being one of them). We are currently working with a trainer to try to help her with...

Puppy Urinates When Touched ! [ 7 Answers ]

:mad: I've had this pomeranian puppy for about 7 months, he's around 9 months old. I tried potty training him to no avail for about 4-5 months. I tried everythign in the book. Yelling NO when he did it in the house, to poiting his nose in it while saying NO, to putting him in a tight box for a...

My dog urinates in the house when we are not around [ 3 Answers ]

My labrador, Diesel, is 2.5 years old and was completely house trained up until one year ago. We even have a 'dog flap' in the door so he can go in and out of the garden if he needs to. He hasn't been castrated. One year ago we had new leather settees delivered and he urinates (and sometimes...

Cat Urinates on everything! [ 3 Answers ]

We have two male cats. Both bought from the same store in the same pen. Both different breeds. But one looks older (he also came into maturity more quick than other cat) for the last 6 months or so. We have found that he urinates on everything... if we drop a towel on the floor and we walk out of...

View more questions Search