Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarless15 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Can you change planes in 30 min?
    OK so, this summer my family and I are going to canada. We live in Ohio so we are flying out of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. We r flying Continental Airlines. So we could not get a non-stop flight so we are first going to fly to Houston. ( I know not exactly near Calgary, Canada. But, it was pretty cheap! =) ) so when we land in houston there is a flight that we could choose that has a 30 minutes in between till the next flight. So I was wondering if it was even impossible to get to the next plane in 30 min. especially because we are then going to be flying out of the U.S. So, I was wondering if we could do that? There is another flight that has 1 hr. and 12min. In between flights. But the plane leaves at 6:00 a.m so that would kind of sux. So give me some of your thoughts on this! Thanks! :)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 24, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarless15
    ... so give me some of ur thoughts on this!! thx!!:)
    With the increased security it can take several hours to change flights at most airports.
    Reason for arriving at least 2+ hours prior to take-off.
    Check with the carrier if they can assist. But I fear that 30 Minutes surely is cutting it too sharp!
    ;)
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 24, 2008, 10:27 AM
    30 minutes is tight, it depends if your flight is on-time and how close the gates are when you land. It can be done if all goes according to plan.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 24, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Security is not an issue in changing planes. When you are dealing with a connecting flight like this, the flight is on the same airline and generally in the same area of the terminal. Therefore, there is no need to go through the security clearance again. You just go from one gate to the next. Generally, if the ticketing agent is offering the flight, then they believe its doable.

I would still double check with the airline or ticketing agent to make sure the gates will be within the same terminal. But if it is, the only thing you have to worry about is if the first leg of your flight is delayed and you miss the connection.
    sugarless15 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 11:44 AM
    OK thanks for all the reponses I really apreciate it! =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What movie was about a ghost (spirt) and old planes [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to ind out the name of a movie I watched years and years ago. It was about a pilot who died and then his spirt/ ghost fly in little old planes, I think helping other pilots

2 Planes Traveling in different directions. [ 9 Answers ]

Original Problem: Two Planes leave simultaneously from Chicago's O'Hare Airport, one flying due north and the other due east. The northbound plane is flying 50 miles faster than the eastbound plane. After 3 hours, the planes are 2440 miles apart. Find the speed of each. So what I know is East...

Ww1 planes [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me how much a Fokker Dr. 1 plane cost in ww1. I need it for a History class please help. Ive looked all over and can't find the answer:(

View more questions Search