Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonstruck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Pressure washing
    I'm a single mother of 2, I'm wanting to start up a pressure washing business. I've been thinking of different things I can do to have control of my money and my time. I don't care if I have to work like a man at the beginning until I can afford to hire someone to help me. The start up is really inexpensive and the pay is good. I'm just wondering is this an impossible dream for me as a woman in a mans industry or is this something that's achievable regarless of my gender. I'm a strong woman, I don't mind getting dirty especially if its going to impact my family in a good way. I don't want my kids to lack anything I don't want to depend on child support that I don't even get. So much is stearing towards pressure washing being a good thing a part of me is just thinking what if I'm just to caught up with the idea being good and its just not going to turn out what I to be what I expected.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Opening a business on you own is always a crap shoot, no guarantees of anything. You need equipment up front, advertising and an area where your service is in demand.
    art in mich Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 05:22 PM
    I own a deck refinishing company and used to do power washing for restaurants (buildings, drive thrus, etc.). I hated it. The hours sucked--middle of the night. Decks are great money but it takes a lot of practice to learn the technique of washing wood. What type of washing are you going to do? Where are you? Maybe I can help.
    jodydms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 10:09 PM

You need to check into the need for liability insurance, if you are pressure washing the exterior of the house, what if you get water into the house.
    02dodgeman Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by art in mich View Post
    Decks are great money but it takes a lot of practice to learn the technique of washing wood. What type of washing are you gonna do? Where are you? Maybe I can help.
    I aggree with ART when it comes to pressure washing wood it is an art and you can damage wood very quickley. But can't blame you for trying to make it on your own and wish you luck with willing to get out their and work. Don't let other people tell you what you can and can't do,don't look for failure look for success...
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 26, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Sounds like a good idea.
    You have to look professional and carry a cell and answer each call yourself and be very speedy at servicing your customers.

Get a new pickup and trailer with your own water tank, where you cannot get water and its much faster than trying to run hoses etc.

I hired a guy 7 years ago, and gave him $2600 for a 1 day job - 2 men and 2 sprayers- to wash a new mini Storage, and now he is the largest in Tucson and has new trucks and his own helicopter.

Burnspowerwashing.com

Read the story of how he got started on his website. Todd is a real go getter.

Good luck
    Roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure washing quotes [ 11 Answers ]

What to charge per sq ft to pressure wash a building and parking lot.

Pressure washing quotes [ 1 Answers ]

How can I bid on a job without knowing the square footage of the pressure washing that I am to do ? Is this a visual observation? or hours to do job?:confused:

Pressure washing quotes [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know how to charge on pressure washing a wood fence? Is there some type of sq foot price.

Pressure Washing [ 1 Answers ]

Yeah, I am working on a 8000 sq ft 3 unit condo... and I am woundering how much I should charge per sq ft... I also need to know how much to charge for decks per sq ft. I live in Georgia, that should help a little bit on that part of things... I need this answered as soon as possible. Thank You

View more questions Search