Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotta Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Mar 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello lotta:

55 posts later, and you ask your question again. You got a LOTTA nerve. No, you don't understand squat. You're an idiot. You don't deserve money. Go away.

excon
    Sorry but there seems to be contradictions as to the replies and one needs to find the correct answer.

(get an attorney-I do understand)

You cannot fault a person for trying to gain some basic knowledge.

Who is to say that the attorney that one hires to review the estate may be flawed just like the estate attorney and the surrogate judge?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2008, 08:49 AM
    You can't, but at least YOU have the opportunity to interview and decide if you want them to represent you. And you are hiring them to represent YOU. The other parties are not there to represent your interests.

Mar 27, 2008, 08:57 AM
    If the estate proceedings are located in another state then does the attorney that one hires need to be in that state or can they be from the beneficiaries "home" state?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2008, 09:00 AM
    You can hire someone locally, who may have an affiliate or work through an affiliate at the court where the action is taking place.

Mar 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Hello again, Lotta:

After due consideration, I'm going to change my advice. I've been wrong. You don't need a lawyer. It's going to be throwing good money after bad.

Even, if you won your portion of the estate, given that you seem surprised that people don't always do what they're supposed to do, you're going to lose it all to the first person who happens along.

So, save yourself (and us) the trouble. Let them have it.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotta
    Sorry but there seems to be contradictions as to the replies and one needs to find the correct answer.

(get an attorney-I do understand)

You cannot fault a person for trying to gain some basic knowledge.

Who is to say that the attorney that one hires to review the estate may be flawed just like the estate attorney and the surrogate judge?

I read through and can't find any contradictions - just for my own info, what info do you find contradictory?

You don't know that the estate attorney and Judge are "flawed" - until you get an independent Attorney you don't know anything at all. I think you think the World is out to get you - and maybe it is. I sure hope this estate is worth millions of dollars because it is going to cost the estate thousands of dollars trying to explain the accounting to you.

You are not being faulted for trying to gain some basic knowledge - I am least am faulting you for continuing to post question after question like anyone here knows all the circumstances instead of getting off your duff and retaining counsel -

Which, by the way, has been advised since March 24.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probate And The Executor of an Estate [ 4 Answers ]

My deceased husband appointed his daughter executor of his estate, which consisted of property, as well as insurance policies designating me as beneficiary. Also, there was a trust fund that was due me at my attainment of a certain age. I relinquished all policies and documentation to my deceased...

Probate of Real estate [ 4 Answers ]

When my Mother in law passed away, my husband, her son was Executor of her estate. We went to an attorney and had her will probated. When a will is probated the creditor has 6 months to place a lien against her estate for any debt owed. We had 1 lien placed. However, her mortgage company did...

Probate real estate [ 0 Answers ]

My mother inherited a house in Michigan where she had never resided , having lived for the last 15 years in Arizona. She died a year later before the executor-lawyer transferred the deed over to her name. Is in the event of death of benifiary before title conveyed from previous estate does title...

View more questions Search