Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philip.sutcliffe@btintern Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Unable to transfer data from old PC
    Am getting stuck trying to move files and settings from one XP PC to another. I have a cat 5 crossover patch cable, and have set up a LAN, but keep getting stuck in the wizard because it doesn't seem to want to let me use the cable... can anyone help?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 5, 2006, 03:57 PM
    You use a crossover cable to connect two computers or network devices together directly - NIC to NIC.

If you've already setup your LAN, try connecting to a shared folder on your target machine. Once you confirm connectivity, you can use the File and Settings Wizard to copy your stuff to the new computer's shared folder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Cd-rom unable to read [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new to this community and I am also new to the techie world. I don't really know all the fancy names and such and such that everything has, but my computer has a few problems which I think could be related. Its kind of long because I don't know what's important and what is not, so sorry...

Software to Track Internet Data Transfer & Usage [ 17 Answers ]

I want to get a free software to manage my ADSL connection at home, which will tell me the amount of data transferred while I am on net, both sent and received. It will also keep monthly records on each time log-in basis, so that I can get my usage data. It should be absolutely a freeware, as I...

Unable yo delete [ 4 Answers ]

Some files I cannot dlete with my XP+sp2. I get this massage: "Cannnot delet [file or folder}: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" What should I do? Thanks Alik

Unable to Resolve DNS [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Anyone got any good ideas on how to fix the issue with Win98 where it does not resolve DNS i.e. you can ping IP addresses fine but not addresses. We have reinstalled tcp/ip, communications etc. recreating DUN, with and without automatic assignment of DNS settings. Tried sfc to replace any...

View more questions Search