Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thodges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 09:29 AM
    What is happening
    I will start by saying I haven't been with a man in 4 12 yrs. But I recently got married and my husband and I are trying to conceive. My cycle is usually pretty normal. I can bet on it an win. But since we are trying to have a baby, I made sure that we were together during my fertile and ovulating days for pretty much for a week we were trying to conceive everyday. But I got my cycle early. I had 2 cycles in January. The second one was a week and a day early, but was also a day shorter and a lighter then usual, but still a period. Could it be that my cycle is changing or just reacting to the sperm since it has been 4 1/2 yrs.
    daehnolem Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Feb 5, 2006, 09:38 PM
    I'm not a doctor, but I can only answer according to my own experiences. I've always had a clockwork cycle as well. I became sexually active again at one point after abstaining for about a year, and immediately I was three weeks late for my period. I had almost every symptom of pregnancy except for actually being pregnant. Sometimes a woman's cycle just likes to switch it up a little. It's not at all uncommon, even in very regular women. Even if becoming sexually active after a long time affected your cycle, it should go back to relatively normal in a month or so. If it doesn't, you should definitely see your doctor. Make sure to let him or her know you're trying to get pregnant. Sometimes, they like to prescribe birth control to regulate your cycle. I hope that helps. When in doubt, though, you should definitely see your doctor.

-B
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 11, 2006, 08:28 AM
    http://www.ovulation-calendar.com/
    http://www.plexxa.com/s/fertility_calendar
    www.askdramy.com

Welcome to the forum.
    First - when in doubt - always see your doctor!
    Second - check out some of the sites above - they might help you in learning a little before your doctors appointment.

Wishing you and yours all the best,

Stress and trying too hard might add to problems. Get a good checkup - you and your husband, as he needs to know how to get his sperm count higher and stronger - and avoid unnecessary heat(like suanas, etc)!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening to me [ 11 Answers ]

I have had normal periods and I am taking the pill This month even though I am on the pill I strted bleeding 2 days prev and then stopped I woke up early one morning and found that I was covered in blood which has never happened and have been very heavy bleeding since ? And very very painful...

What Is Happening In My House? [ 2 Answers ]

"Hi Me and my family moved into our house around 2 years ago, there has only been 2 previous owners and noone has died in the house. After a couple of months moving in we noticed a very strong fishy smell in my daughters room, it would gradually appear then afer a few minutes would slowly fade....

What's happening to me? [ 6 Answers ]

I just resumed taking birth control again after being off it for about 7 months. Two weeks into taking the pill again, I had an "intimate moment" with my boyfriend and I began bleeding profusely. It's been almost a week and the bleeding is lighter, yet still constant. How long should this last?...

What's Happening? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, I haven't been around here for awhile, I don't know why. Anyway, once again I'm certianed about my best friend, Nick. Here's the thing, about a month ago (probably earlier) he has been acting differntly with me like he's not my best friend anymore. Yes, I mess with him in certain...

View more questions Search