Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: If you have quite smoking or are trying, why are you trying quit?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • For your Health.

2 100.00%
  • Because of those scarcy Commercials

1 50.00%
  • Some one you know has cancer.

1 50.00%
  • To expensive

1 50.00%
  • Can no longer smoke in puplic places

1 50.00%
  • Some one you know has died of cancer of related illness

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 5, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Stopped smoking
    I have quit smoking, ha, it has been 23 ½ hours, so far, I was a chain smoker,

For those of you that have quite, what worked to get rid of the heeby jeepbies, I am going though now,
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2006, 11:17 AM
    I quit smoking too, although it was about 7 weeks ago for me. I'm kind of weird though in that I would just smoke 2-3 cigarettes a day, and not everyday either... and I only did it for a few weeks! I also smoked for a few weeks a couple of years ago. Everyone was always asking why I even bothered. I think it was a stress reliever. Anyway I selected "for my health" in the poll, although it's more correct in my case to say that I quit for my baby's health, since I quit when I found out I was pregnant.

Feb 5, 2006, 12:10 PM
    I tried to rate you but again I am out of rates, I was really hoping for some help here to get, though this day, but guess not. (O: well thanks for answering, I wish this crankiness, would go away I just want to killevery one, event the animals are getting on my nerves today, when will this all stop??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 5, 2006, 01:07 PM
    WHen I quit (have since regressed though :() I found really throwing myself into something worked a treat.
    TRy something different that will be a challenge like knitting or some other physical activity. Keeps both your hands and mind working so you don't have time for a smoke.
    Either that or some really involved computer game, maybe an RTS or roleplayer.

Feb 5, 2006, 01:18 PM
    That is an idea, I think I am going to play a game, I think that sim city game I got for christmas I keep answering questions and then get up like I used to do and going to smoke which is making me crazy, it is so hard because I did not realize when and what I did each time I went to smoke. My husband has been great this last day telling me how to cope, I just will not listen to him, and he should know better than me, he stopped drinking and the smoking
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Does it help if you chew gum or snack on something crunchy? That always helped me, along with giving myself a reward or distracting myself with physical activity as Curlyben suggested.

I feel really bad for you and a little guilty in that this time around, I didn't have ANY cravings or nic fits or whatever. I just lost the desire to smoke, and also to drink coffee, about 2 weeks before I discovered I was pregnant. My husband the doctor thinks it's because I'm pregnant and my body is protecting the baby.

Anyway hang in there, I will be around off and on tonight.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Quit when I had kids.

Edit: hmmm... this post is ironic in relation to my avatar. :)
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Feb 5, 2006, 09:27 PM
    Good on Lilfyre, Orange, NeedKarma and even Curlyben. Wish I could quit. Maybe after I find a job, right now I have toooooo much time on my hands.
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 08:23 AM
    "lilfyre agrees: i seen that i can look at it today, saturday it was hard (O:"

In your honor I have changed my picture to try to ease your burden. Keep it up.

Feb 6, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    "lilfyre agrees: i seen that i can look at it today, saturday it was hard (O:"

In your honor I have changed my picture to try to ease your burden. Keep it up.
    O my god you make me laugh, I never laugh, thank you you can put it back now, it was really cute, you are too funny, thank you so muck for the smile, I have been beyond grumpy (O: thanks again, it is so hard, they are every where yo go, in the stores, people smoking outside the stores, I never knew how many smokers there where till I quit, ugg,
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2006, 10:10 AM
    You should laugh more often! Glad I could help.

Yes, you will find that smokers are everywhere because you can smell it, hey it would be 10x worse in the States 'cause their cigarettes reek. You will also go through a phase where your lungs are ridding themselves of the protective coating it had to put on to protect itself from the hot smoke. Basically you may be coughing up phlem-like stuff and that's good, that's the healing in progress.

Find an aerobic activity to do and see how much faster you progress with it now that smoking is out of the picture.

If the psychological links are really strong I have had a couple of friends use Zyban to help with that (yes, they are canucks like us).

Feb 6, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You should laugh more often! Glad I could help.

Yes, you will find that smokers are everywhere because you can smell it, hey it would be 10x worse in the States 'cause their cigarettes reek. You will also go through a phase where your lungs are ridding themselves of the protective coating it had to put on to protect itself from the hot smoke. Basically you may be coughing up phlem-like stuff and that's good, that's the healing in progress.

Find an aerobic activity to do and see how much faster you progress with it now that smoking is out of the picture.

If the psychological links are really strong I have had a couple of friends use Zyban to help with that (yes, they are canucks like us).

I tried all that zy-ban stuff, none of it worked. This time I just did it, on my third day, and still going.

My cousin lives in Ontario canada ( Carlton Place) he liked my cigarettes. Hated his wife's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any medicines out there to help stop Smoking? [ 14 Answers ]

Dear Expert Any one have a good method to helping people to stop smoke ? Have any medicine can help ?Is expensive ? Thanks Dick

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

Smoking and dancing [ 14 Answers ]

This is sort of a similar question to the one I asked about wine and spirits. I know that there are some churches that prohibit smoking and dancing (not necessarily both at the same time lol). So my question is, as before, where do these beliefs come from? Dancing is mentioned lots of times in the...

Tower-Smoking [ 3 Answers ]

I smoke a lot when I'm using my PC. I know it's bad for both of us. I do have a home smoke filter next to it. My question is, can I use something(what?) in the air intake of my computer without compromising the cooling factor too much. Might it be possible to put an extremely lightly oiled...

View more questions Search