Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayebird Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Invasive Questionnaire from collection agency's lawyer
    I am involved in a suit with a junk debt buyer and their bottom feeding lawfirm - I just got served so I am working on the answer and will file it this week. However, I received a letter this weekend from their attorney with a form requesting all types of financial information regarding settlement of the amount. It includes questions about our employment, our bank accounts, all of our bills, our mortgage company, and basically everything but how often we use the bathroom, etc.

It is very inappropriate to me and I feel that it is an invasion of our privacy. I have never indicated any possible settlement talks with these companies or attorneys. I have requested validation/verification of the debt but they have not responded but are still within the time addressed in their complaint or petition with the court.

It is not a court ordered questionnaire, but just some little form they sent in the mail. Do I answer their letter or just ignore it? Thanks for any advice.
    K
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Send back the questionairre unfilled in. Include a cover letter saying you will not provide any information until and unless the debt is verified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

My mother-in-law recently died and her sons can not find her will. She had stated before she died that she had it all taken care of with a lawyer, but they can't find a name or business card. They did find something that said alliance for mature adults. They called a number but it was not in...

Do I need a lawyer? [ 3 Answers ]

DEAR EVERYONE, SHOULD I GET A LAWYER? A friend of mine co-signed on a trailor (mobile home) nearly ten years ago. She hasn't lived in the home ever. Her sister was living in the mobile home and has 10 years worth of payments made. Her sister decided to up and move and abandon the mobile...

Need a lawyer [ 2 Answers ]

I am being discriminated against by wv law courts etc.

View more questions Search