Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolgcc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Will ashy hair color eventually fade?
    Got my hair highlighted. She put some low lights in it, too. There are some ashy areas. My hairstylist told me that it will fade after a few shampoos. Is this true? She's done my hair for years, and this has never happened. Will it fade? Or should I try something else?

Thanks!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 23, 2008, 08:00 AM
    When you apply hair color it may look a bit darker on the hair, but it will fade after a few shampoos. So try shampooing your hair several times with a clarifying shampoo or Prell to help fade the color quicker. If if doesn't fade, go back to the salon and have them do color correction. The stylist will need to use a red-based hair color to counteract the ashy tones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do to make my hair color FADE quickly? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been dyeing my hair black for two and a half years now and have recently grown tired of it. My hair is quite long, it reaches halfway down my back. I have tried in the past to just not dye my hair and let the color fade. But my natural hair color...

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

Using Prell shampoo to fade hair color [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering when you recommend to use the prell or clarifying shampoo with a few drops of dawn and then leave it on, do you apply this to dry hair?

How can I get my new hair color to fade faster? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my hair colored dark red/brown a few days ago and Im trying to get it to fade faster. Ive been washing it and getting outside in the sun. What else can I do?

View more questions Search