Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shaballo Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Mar 22, 2008, 11:37 PM
    There is something on my mind that I need too tell her
    What do I do if I have to tel my girlfriend something that is so important that it would make or break our relationship. I love her so much that I can't seem too tell her. Does that sound strange. I need too know I am lost in a sea on my own thoughts. Should I write her a letter or just come start with it.
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Mar 22, 2008, 11:43 PM
    What do you want to tell her?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Face to face, and just tell her
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Tell her, she has a right to know.
    dragnlady5 Posts: 88, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2008, 05:19 PM
    What ever it is if you don't tell her you will always have it hanging over your head, The guilt of lying by omission will eat at you and eventually it will affect your relationship. Be honest what ever it is. (must be big if you can't tell strangers) Tell her face to face not in a letter that is cold and seemingly uncaring. It is also the cowards way out. Be a man tell her face to face. She might surprise you :)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Never write a letter when you can talk to someone face to face. Trust her by giving her the respect that she deserves.

When you do decide to tell her, be completely honest. Don't omit things to make yourself look better or to sugar coat the facts in an effort of preserving your relationship. Lay it out before her in person and trust her to make the right decision.

Mar 27, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaballo
    What do i do if i have to tel my girlfriend something that is so important that it would make or break our relationship. i love her soo much that i can't seem too tell her. does that sound strange. i need too know i am lost in a sea on my own thoughts. should i write her a letter or just come start out with it.
    I did tell her, face to face. It was hard, I am just worried that we have grown apart. She loves me but I don't think that it will ever be the same. I should have told her 7 months ago. How do I know when it is time too say goodbye. I think that she would be better off.

Mar 27, 2008, 08:54 PM
    The sooner the better.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Mar 27, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Talk about it to her again and find out what is going on in her head. There is one thing I realized a long time ago- We never really know what the other person is thinking and we won't if we don't ask or if they are a liar.

Mar 27, 2008, 10:35 PM
    What do i do if i have to tel my girlfriend something that is so important that it would make or break our relationship. i love her soo much that i can't seem too tell her. does that sound strange. i need too know i am lost in a sea on my own thoughts. should i write her a letter or just come start out with it.
    I have asked what she was thinking but she always says "nothing, or I dont know" could it be possible that I was brought here to be alone. To not find someone.

Mar 27, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Don't get too down on yourself... everyone feels that way at one time or another... hell I did the other day. Think about how you met this girl... it just kind of happens. For me it happened as soon as I just got content being alone... and then bam; a "great" girl drops into my lap.
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

Mar 27, 2008, 10:44 PM
    For one thing, you were very upfront and honest with her about what you needed to tell her. However, the fact that she cannot open up to you and do the same thing should say a lot about your relationship. By this I mean that she is apparently hiding what she feels because she says "nothing" or "I don't know" when you asked her what she was thinking. That is not fair for you. For some reason, she does not want to talk about it. Saying these two things is a coward's way out of talking about things. I wouldn't necessarily bug her about it, but you have a right to know what her thoughts are on the subject. If you cannot communicate in a relationship, then it is not a relationship worth having. Maybe give her a little time to think things through and then ask her again what she is thinking. Just know that she IS thinking something.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 27, 2008, 10:45 PM
    First, you are anonymous here. Better advice may be given if you give us a glimpse of what she might be dealing with!

You weren't 'brought' here to be alone, but you can choose it if you'd like.

Give more info! :)

Mar 27, 2008, 11:01 PM
    I am afraid even if you are strangers and I may never see any of you. I am still being judged. I know that that sound stupid because everone is judged. That's why I don't give info. Maybe later on when I will but for now I am keeping the 5th
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

Mar 27, 2008, 11:14 PM
    The one thing that you have to know about this site is that NO ONE judges anyone here. We are here to offer advice. We all have feelings and fears and some people have experienced a lot of similar situations. From our experiences we are able to give advice that will hopefully help others.

Mar 28, 2008, 12:15 AM
    I know but if I were to say what I told her then everyone would know about me.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 28, 2008, 12:26 AM
    I'm sorry hun, and I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I was just pointing out some of the things I saw you write.

Mom of 2 is right! We don't judge you, and even if we could tell anyone, we don't know who you are! You are completely anonymous here. All I know is that you sound like you are a young man with a problem you are trying to figure out. Sometimes some of us ask questions to find out where you're coming from and what kind of help or advice we can give you. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are experts on here as well as common sense people who can try their best to help you the best they can. Don't be embarrassed OK? There have been other questions on here that are far worse, and no one judges those people either.

Mar 28, 2008, 01:47 AM
    That's why this site exists... so you can express everything you want to say without feeling judged. There really are no stupid questions/situations.
    Chazzabox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Just tell her or it will eat you up inside. If you love her and think it will be worth it whether she stays with you or not, at least you will rest easy knowing you did the right thing. If it's something you can truly fix (not cheating on her) without worrying her then do that instead. But don't create drama where it's not needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Going out of my mind! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I need some help finding the name of a song I just don't know. I heard it awhile ago, it had something to do with "if you had to walk in their shoes", some one was a prostitute or a drug addict. I am not sure who sings this song or what the title is but I am sure it was a make singer. It had a...

On my mind. [ 8 Answers ]

So this has been on my mind for a while, I am the father on my daughters birth certificate and have been soul supporter of her since day one. My daughter is now one and a half and I got with my fiancée when she was about four months pragnet with her. My question is if I have been dad in every way...

Tv mind of its own [ 2 Answers ]

My 27" panasonic crt TV turns off no rhyme or reason it could be 15 minutes. It could be 2 hours I unplug power count to 5 and push power button and it comes back on it's 7 years old

Can't take him out of my mind. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all.. I got a problem. I am in love with this guy for almost 2 years now. We love each other. There has been many ups and downs, break ups and patch ups like any other realtion. I am 19 and he is 20 just to let you know. I have been very harsh on him before for giving him no care and ignoring...

Is it all just in my mind? [ 1 Answers ]

I have always had a normal period. Dec my period was normal. Last month it only lasted 3 days compared to the 6 days it normally lasts.This month I'm spotting just like last month. I 've had home pregnancy and blood tests done but the results all come back negative. I have been pregnant before and...

View more questions Search