Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curiousforareason08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Dead beat father/trying young mother
    My son is two and for two yrs his father has not gave me anything for him I am an 18 yr old female doing what I can for my child his father is 22 and isn't doing anything he has rights cause he's on the birth certificate and he's not on child support he says all the time that he don't want his son or anything to do with him and he shows it my ? Is how do I explain to him that signing his rights over is the best thing?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Why don't you want him to pay child support? How do you plan on supporting your child??

Signing away rights does not make him not responsible for child support or all the courts would be full of dads that do not pay child support. Signing Off From Parental Rights
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Do you have a court order for child support ? If not you need to get one and then if issues come up depending on the state you live in you can get help from your local child support division.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousforareason08
    my ? is how do i explain to him that signing his rights over is the best thing?
    Whatever makes you think that relinquishing his rights is the best thing? The best thing is to go after him for child support!

And if you tried reading some the hundreds of threads on this issue, you would have learned that the courts are not going let him sign over his rights
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousforareason08
    how do i explain to him that signing his rights over is the best thing?
    Hello curious:

Nahhhh, making sure his kid EATS is the best thing!!

excon
    dragnlady5 Posts: 88, Reputation: 4

Mar 23, 2008, 05:43 AM
    If you make him sign over his rights and your Son grows up and wonders why dad never wanted anything to do with him. He finds out mom made him sign over rights and you suddenly become the bad guy for keeping Dad away. Signing over rights does nothing unless you plan on another man adopting him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 06:32 AM
    You are letting this dead beat dad, convince you of way to many things,

First he does not have any rights, unless you have been to court and he has visitation rights issued by the court, then he will have rights.

Next your child is suppose to be getting support, it is not money for you, but money for the child.

So you take him to court, you get physcial custody of the child, get child support held out of his check and put this man in his place.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 07:00 AM
    I would still like to know how you plan to support him on your own?
    Do you have a good secure job?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Go to the local child support office in your town and talk to them about helping you collect child support from this guy. They will be delighted to help you, trust me. Don't let him keep having a free ride. He helped make your child, didn't he? Well, he has a financial responsibility whether he likes it or not to contribute to the child's support. AND it does not matter if he has a job or not, his support will have to be paid or the judge will be sure to give him some dandy penalties.
    dragnlady5 Posts: 88, Reputation: 4

Mar 23, 2008, 02:14 PM
    My Children's father is like 15,000 dollars behnd in support on my oldest and 8,000 on the younger. He just got arrested for not paying a court order 150.00 on each of them by a certain date. He has to spend 30 days on each child. While he is there we are going to try and get Writ of attachment on him and keep him there until all support is paid in full.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead beat dads [ 7 Answers ]

The father of my child does absolutely nothing for my son, if I go and file child abandonment do I have to have his social :mad:

Dead Beat Father [ 8 Answers ]

My child's father doesn't pay child surport. And, now he doesn't even want to see his son. He is only 14months old. His father has seen him maybe a dozen times. Only for a couple hours here, and there. I don't know if it was possible to gets his right signed off. If he still owes the state money...

Dead Beat Dad [ 1 Answers ]

My situation is this: I live in Georgia and my ex husband and I divorced 3 yrs ago after 3 yrs of marriage. We have 2 children age 13 & 6. After my divorce was final I began seeing someone else and we are now engaged. My ex husband has had no contact with my children since the divorce was...

My children and their Dead beat Father [ 6 Answers ]

I was married for 7 years and had 3 beautiful children from that marriage. Towards the end he was abusive and the main reason I left. When we went through the divorce I wanted it to be over and he had already moved on with his life he started attending church with is now (ex ) fiancé and I...

View more questions Search