Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WheelBrokerAng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 07:24 PM
    About Physical Therapy
    I have went through P.T. a few times and still wonder as to why they even have this therapy for people when I believe that it doesn't work for about 75% of the time.

I know that this is a question that is hard to prove that it works, but I for one feel that it does not work in to many cases... I speak from experience...

WheelBrokerAng... Yes , currently in P.T. myself :cool:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 07:58 PM
    I know a few people that said P.T. did not do them any good.
    One is in a wheelchair with MS, he says weights at the health spa do him more good.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 08:07 PM
    After I quit teaching 200 years ago, I worked as a PT aide for two years. PT probably at least gets people moving and exercising again after a stroke or a broken limb. The hot packs and the massages feel good and loosen sore muscles. The best thing for a patient to do is get informed about and be open to all therapy possibilities, from PT to chiropractic to shiatsu to acupuncture to herb therapy and other therapeutic solutions.
    ajewett16 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 06:33 AM
    I am going through P.T. and it is working good for me which is good because I am a runner and I hurt my knee.
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Dec 14, 2008, 12:42 AM

I disagree I think physio is very helpful. I have been in physio since may for my leg, and it has jhelped a great deal with rebuilding my muscles, and helping me bend more.
    I think the one on one physiotherapists are a lot better then the clinics though, as the one on one PT actually spend more time with you and concentrate just on you where as in a clinuic they do some work and then in most cases you go do exercises.
    fun run Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 04:59 PM

It really depends on why you are in physical therapy so based on your injury depends on how it can really help
    I was in physical therapy and stopped going because it was not doing much good. I wish I went to a chiropractor instead

Sometimes it is tough because there are too many options to choose from for help but they usually don't work unless you get the perfect one good luck
    outat3rd Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 09:36 AM

There are times when PT is prescribed to rehab something in lieu of surgery. This does not always work and surgery is required anyway, and time will be lost. But, after many orhopaedic surgeries, PT is absolutely necessary for a prescribed period. Some movements should not be attempted w/o professional guidance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physical therapy [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone could help me, my problem is that I went to see my doctor yesterday and she referred to se a physical therapist but she never gave me the refferal Slip to call them.. I would like to know what I should, can I make a appointment to see a therapist or should I wait?:)

Physical Therapy, Job [ 3 Answers ]

Im only 16, but when I get older, I want to do Physical Therapy. So I was wondering if there's any good tips for classes I should take in school, or good places to get a job that can help me out. Im a junior this year, and I've taken Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, and next year Im taking Allied...

Physical therapy [ 1 Answers ]

In the massage therapy industry; do customers prefer to get massage from masseuses with large hands?

Will therapy help me? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my girl for 7 months she told me the other day that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me. She is 25 and I am 20 before she met me she slept with my friend it did'nt affect me at first until I started to love her she told me that she he was ugly but she slept with him...

View more questions Search