Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Feb 4, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Digital Cable Modulation
    Hello everyone... it's been a while...

I need to know if anyone knows the answer to this before I spend the money on it...

I would like to eliminate channel 11 from my cable system in my house and replace it with a signal from another source. (That's no problem, I know how to do that.) We have digital cable and I want to know if I modulate this other channel in, will it affect the digital cable at all (example: the menus, titles, etc.) since it is an analog single that I am replacing it with? I don't want to spend the money to do this if it renders my digital cable useless.

Has anybody ever tried this or have enough knowledge of cable systems?

Thanks very much for your help.
    T_N_T Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wzartv View Post
    Hello everyone... it's been a while...

I need to know if anyone knows the answer to this before I spend the money on it...

I would like to eliminate channel 11 from my cable system in my house and replace it with a signal from another source. (That's no problem, I know how to do that.) We have digital cable and I want to know if I modulate this other channel in, will it affect the digital cable at all (example: the menus, titles, etc.) since it is an analog single that I am replacing it with? I don't want to spend the money to do this if it renders my digital cable useless.

Has anybody ever tried this or have enough knowledge of cable systems?

Thanks very much for your help.
    I know this is an old post, but I was wondering how you modulate channels to an in-house digital cable system? And if you ever got that analog channel to work with your digital cable?
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jun 11, 2009, 02:05 PM
    To answer your question, things changed and we never got around to trying it out. But, I think that the digital cable and analog cable operate on different bandwidths, so I doubt they'd be able to work together cleanly (without having to switch back and forth between a digital and analog source).

At this point, manufacturers aren't even selling analog tuners. You'd probably just be better off purchasing a digital modulator, though I'm not sure anything of the such exists, it probably does... and is probably expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Cameras [ 2 Answers ]

If you could only afford to pay $500 to purchase a digital camera which one would you purchase and why.

Digital Abstracts [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to package your artwork if you want to get your first exhibit?

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

Digital Art markets. [ 3 Answers ]

Where is te best place online to sell digital art? BTW I found an excellent place: Here is my gallery at that location. http://www.yessy.com/realms/gallery.aspx

View more questions Search