Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhester455 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Briggs 12.5 hp flywheel removal
    I have a Bunton com. Stand behind mower that will not fire. The flywheel side looks rusty and want to take it off to brush the rust off. How do you hold the flywheel so you can loosen the crank bolt? If anyone knows of a beter way to take care of this please let me know.
    Thanks, Rob
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 07:29 PM
    You can use an impact wrench to take the bolt off with. But you could just use sandpaper, or a wire bruch on a drill to clean the flywheel. Be sure to use your safety equipment when doing the repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 HP Vtwin briggs engine pulley removal? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 20 HP Briggs that needs the engine pulley removed. There were two pulleys on the shaft. The lower pulley was removed by simply removing a bolt at the lower end of the shaft. The upper pulley looks to be keyed for the shaft. I can not get this pulley to come loose. I have tried about...

Craftsman tractor starter repair - flywheel removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman lawn tractor with a 19.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. The plastic toothed wheel on the starter that engages the flywheel is completely stripped. I have a repair kit but am having trouble removing the starter. Can I safely remove the flywheel instead. I can see that if I...

Briggs & Stratton 14.5hp Flywheel ring [ 1 Answers ]

Today we put on a new flywheel ring gear and a new starter pinion gear. The new flywheel ring is aluminum instead of the plastic that was on it. I was told this was due to the starter gear being easier to replace it will be the first to be worn down. We tried starting the tractor and the starter...

Flywheel help on briggs/stratton 13hp snapper [ 11 Answers ]

My threads are knackered on the end of my flywheel for the pull start is there any way to bodge it up even if it means welding a bolt on the top just to hold the flywheel on:confused:

B&s flywheel [ 1 Answers ]

The flywheel on my briggs looks like its been under water for ages it real rusty can anybody tell me the best way to clean it without doing any harm .the flywheel is removed so I want to clean inside and out

View more questions Search