Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caitlin Barcus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 04:12 PM
    I love singing
    Hi, I'm caitlin dianne barcus, and I need help on how to become a singer. Please elp me.:( :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Well where do you live, how old are you, and what type of music do you do.
    In the US there are many open mic nights are all sorts of places, there are senior citizen centers, nursing homes, placed like VFW meetings, and all sorts of groups that have monthly intertainment.

Mar 22, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    well where do you live, how old are you, and what type of music do you do.
    In the US there are many open mic nights are all sorts of places, there are senior citizen centers, nursing homes, placed like VFW meetings, and all sorts of groups that have monthly intertainment.

I live in costa mesa California I'm 13 years old and I was goingtoa studio called john robert powers but that wasn't working... and I've tried looking up places and studios but I couldn't find what I was looking for!

-Caity DEE:(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 12:13 AM
    I love singing too! Have taught it and been a professional singer and instrumentalist for a long time. Why weren't things working out for you at that studio, please? It would also be helpful, as Fr_Chuck asked, if you would let us know what kind of music it is that you do?

Mar 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I love singing too! Have taught it and been a professional singer and instrumentalist for a long time. Why weren't things working out for you at that studio, please? It would also be helpful, as Fr_Chuck asked, if you would let us know what kind of music it is that you do?
    Things wernt working out at the studio because my agent wouldn't listen whenever I told her that I was interrested in singing and not acting as much. She would always give me additions for commercials and I was just like " well, is it a singing comercial?" I like to sing all kinds of music my voice is very mature, and I can hit high and low notes quit well. So if there is anyway you can help me with this I would be very thankful.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
    First do you take music lessons, do you have a music coach, even the most famous singers all have coaches that help them prior to perfoming.

I will assume you read music, and know music theory.

But a agent that finds you acting jobs or modeling jobs is not the same type of agent to find you singing gigs. Sounds like you may wish to look for a second agent to do singing gigis.

Mar 25, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First do you take music lessons, do you have a music coach, even the most famous singers all have coaches that help them prior to perfoming.

I will assume you read music, and know music theory.

But a agent that finds you acting jobs or modeling jobs is not the same type of agent to find you singing gigs. sounds like you may wish to look for a second agent to do singing gigis.

Yea I read music, I had a coach his name was manny but he left to go to another studio, I was in the middle of making a cd when he left so that kind of brought me down... :eek: and I lost his number so I have no way to call him at all!:( What should I do?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Concerning your coach (Or, was he a voice teacher? There is a difference there.), I would suggest speaking with people who know him and getting his number from them.

What kind of music is it that you were going to put on the cd that you were making?

If you want to be a singer, then I am assuming that you will want to make a living at doing it. At your age, in order to try the different ways that you might be a singer in terms of making a living at it, I would leave yourself open to trying out the many ways possible that you can express yourself with singing. That might be in commercials, theater, restaurant entertaining, singing in a church choir - some churches do have paid members in their choir(s), having a band and doing gigs and making recordings, having an accompanist who would accompany when you would perform or make recordings, etc.

Acting, theater, singing, they all go together...

Do you play the piano?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get into singing [ 16 Answers ]

Hey I really what to be a singer and that's all I can think of do you now of any ways to get to the singing business I would love to hear what you have to say... p.s want to be a singer really badly! :eek:

Singing [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Well I'm about to turn 14 and I really love to sing. But I'm really shy so I don't sing publicly. But I know to become a singer you can't be stagefright and stuff so I don't know if should just give up on singing or try to find a solution. And I know that I need to improve my...

Singing [ 9 Answers ]

How do I get myself out there and show people how good I am at singing?

Singing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to be a singer when I grow up but I have problems writing songs wha should I do? I have no idea.

Singing! [ 1 Answers ]

I really really want to be a professional singer and everyone says I've got an amazing voice but I just don't know where to start. I'm 13 but I have to start now (singing for free), I'm thinking of going on the x factor when I'm 16 but until then I need to be occupied: with singing!. please please...

View more questions Search