Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CuthbertRumbold Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Interior louvers @ peak of cathedral ceiling
    At the 20ft peak of my cathedral ceiling there is a triangular louvered vent opening out the gable end. It's currently blocked with a thin piece of paneling (probably not the most energy efficient solution for a house in Maine). I can see how the vent might be useful in the summer though. Trouble is it's so high up there's no way to remove/replace the cover easily.

Does anyone know of an electrically-operated louvered vent that could be installed? Perhaps in combination with a fan?

Thanks for any pointers!
    Roy
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 07:08 PM
    You can purchase a gable fan that would be thermostatically controlled with a barometric damper that would open when the fan comes on and closes when the fan shuts down, very common, Good luck, Mike
    CuthbertRumbold Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by acetc
    You can purchase a gable fan that would be thermostatically controlled with a barometric damper
    Thanks Mike. Any ideas on vendors? Most of what I've found seems more geared to an attic than an interior (finished) installation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to insulate a cathedral ceiling in a house [ 10 Answers ]

Please tell me how to insulate a catherdral ceiling

Retrofit vent chutes in cathedral ceiling [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm refinishing the cathedral ceiling in my living room. A carpenter friend suggests I should pull down the insulation batts and install vent chutes while I have things opened up. There's currently no ventilation up there as far as I can tell. It doesn't look like there is a ridge...

Cathedral ceiling insulation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm building a cabin in the woods up here in Alaska. This is my first time building something out of wood besides a tree fort. I'm a welder. Anyway my cabin dimension is 16' wide by 24' long with 10' walls. The roof pitch is 12x12 (heavy snow load). I built the roof with the idea of...

Move electrical box in cathedral ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

My electrical box in my cathedral ceiling is closer to the wall as I have track lighting(6 feet).I would like to move the box to the middle of my room so I can hang a ceiling fan above my bed.Is this difficult?

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

View more questions Search