Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmandaSkye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Over protective "mommy" cat
    :confused: Our cat Breenna adopted us. She invited herself in during a rainstorm one evening and allowed her to stay until the weather cleared, and well she decided that she was staying. She became very protective over my two children who are 5 and 1. She sleeps with them at night and during naps and attends anyone who is sick in the house and she allows my children to tote her around like a rag doll. She tries to nurse off me and is very persistent. She gets angry when she is pushed away. She is now pregnant, I believe, She never went into heat, but she comes and goes from the house as she pleases so I am not sure if it is a real pregnancy or a false. Can anyone give me any clues as to what is going on with this cat. I have had cats before and none have ever behaved like this one. She is very loving and gentle but any clues into her "odd" behavior would be much appreciated. Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 04:50 AM
    Sounds like she has a lot of motherly instinct.
    I wouldn't let her out of the house when she seems like she is due because who knows where she could end up having her babies. Keep being persistent right back in stopping her from behaviors that are annoying. Other than that odd behavior is often what gives cats their most memorable personality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A comment to those who want to ask why their cat is "acting strange" [ 4 Answers ]

I work at a veterinary office that is exclusively for cats, but have been primarily reading and posting things in the "Psychics" section. Today, curious, I came into "Cats" to see what people in this section are talking about... and was appalled at how many of you are coming here to ask serious...

Seeking Holistic Type Cat Food for"Calcium Oxalate Stones in Bladder"(had surgery) [ 9 Answers ]

My 6 yr. old male, indoor, rescued cat Ginger recently had surgery where they removed several calcium oxalate stones from the bladder. Also, in analysis (at another Vet's Hospital) they found struvites. Complicated story as he was taken out of that hospital as my poor kitty was suffering for...

Male cat "mothering" new kitten [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got a new female kitten (7 weeks) and I was worried how our 3 years old intact male would treat her. The strange thing is, after the first day (which seemed normal, hissing and fighting) the fighting turned into playing, and now my male cat is grooming her and trying to grab her by...

Cat is "pissing" off Husband [ 7 Answers ]

We have been having a problem with our cat. He is part Manx and is 11 years old. We have had him and his brother both since birth. Brunny (the problem cat) is urinating around the house. He tends to urinate in one room in particular, but if a piece of clothing or a piece of paper is left on the...

View more questions Search