Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Mar 21, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Late tax refund
    It has been more than a month and my son has not received his tax refund. He direct deposited it in to his checking account. How long should it take to receive his refund. Could there be a problem?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2008, 05:39 PM
    If he filed by electronic means he should have had his refund within two weeks. He must have filed by mail.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 07:32 AM
    If you e-filed and opted for direct deposit, you should get refund within 2 weeks. To check status of your refund, read:

Your U.S. Tax Return: When will I get my tax refund?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax refund for F-1 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am F-1 student and trying to file federal tax for the fifth year. This year an email was sent by one Mr. Tony Patel to all the Indian students in our university promising that we would get all the withheld amount back + $30!! Is this a genuine case? If I file by myself I would be getting...

OPT to H1B Tax filing-SS tax refund? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen. Arrived in US in Aug 2003, on OPT from Jan 2006 and on H1B from October 1st 2006. I started working in Feb 2006 in California. Throughout the year in 2006 Social security , medicare and disability taxes were deducted from my paycheck. Will I get a refund for these...

Late filing for New York state return with refund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi AtlantaTaxExpert! We are filing a state tax return in New York but still awaiting for my ITIN. We have a refund. I checked the NY website it says there that we shoud file an extension even though we don't owe any tax. Since we were not able to apply for an extension before the filing due date,...

How does the US/India tax treaty affect the state tax refund? [ 3 Answers ]

The people who make International Student Taxes have put a special resource page for Indians. International Student Taxes | Resources | Students from India I am stuck on a point in this page. To quote: "2. If you took the standard deduction last year, do not put anything on Line 4 of...

View more questions Search