Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Did drugs overseas.failed drug test in the U.S.
    So. I'm asking questions on a thread I never thought I'd approach.

I got a friend who just got back from a semester in Europe, and while she was there, she smoked some marijuana and did some ecstasy while on one of her excursions in Amsterdam.

She came back, applied for jobs and failed a urine test.

She just accepted the fact that she'll fail every urine test for at least the next couple of weeks so she decided to wait until then.

This brought up a question:

Since marijuana is legal in Amsterdam, is there a possible ruling where the law does not apply to her? I understand that the company wants those who do not use drugs, in which case... she does not on a regular basis... it was her first time use.

Anyone?
    Smoked Posts: 157, Reputation: 29

Mar 21, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Company policies have nothing to do with the law. If she failed a drug test and that company has a policy against the use of drugs there is no getting around that.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2008, 04:32 PM
    She did the pot - I don't understand how she could do so much as her "first time" to still have this in her system. Who do you think she's trying to fool?

Mar 21, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Marijuana

Pot, Acapulco Gold, Grass, Reefer, Sinsemilla, Thai Sticks

Unknown

Moderate

2 days -
    11 weeks

Smoked, oral
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 04:51 PM
    @ smoked: yeah, it's true it is company policy. I was just wondering if there was a legal side to it, if any.

@ twinkiedooter: well... she was in Amsterdam for about 4 days... magic brownies anyone?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 05:45 PM
    I think if she had explained all of this before the test, they may have made an acception but perhaps required a drug test in a few weeks.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Sneezy, I agree with Fr_Chuck. If she wants to start looking for a job asap and knows that they will do a drug test then perhaps she should explain what happened. I think waiting until the drugs are out of her system is the best bet though.

As to legal implications. If she was looking for a job in Amsterdam then it wouldn't be a problem, but she's not, and in the States marijuana is illegal, so that's not going to help her.

Sorry I couldn't give you more advice.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 06:10 AM
    [QUOTE=ISneezeFunny]So. I'm asking questions on a thread I never thought I'd approach.

Since marijuana is legal in Amsterdam, is there a possible ruling where the law does not apply to her? I understand that the company wants those who do not use drugs, in which case... she does not on a regular basis... it was her first time use.

I'm having difficulty with her first drug being ecstacy - whatever happened with starting with marijuana and working your way up the drug chain?

Trouble buying her story -
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Well, I'm not sure which one she did first... ecstasy or marijuana... or both on the same day. I can vouch for her not doing any drugs pre-Amsterdam as she has been my friend since middle school. I do know that this is her first time doing any sort of drug use in her life... I'm assuming it all took place in the red light district.
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Yup, got to love the red light district, I went there when I was sixteen. Still, ecstasy is not usually a drug that someone does their first time out, people usually work up to it. I can see why JudyKae is perplexed.
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Really? Because it's all the rage here in atl...

Go to a club... and you're bound to see someone do ecstasy right in front of you.

... if this isn't normal... then please do let me know... as I'm apparently going out to weird clubs.
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Hey, you're asking the 37 year old that hasn't gone to a club in, gosh, when was the last time I went to a club? Man, I hate it when that happens. :(

Sneezy, I'm going to be the Mother Hen right now, I have never done E, I have done marijuana, when I was a teen, only experimented. Let me tell you, from what I've read, please stay away for E, it's a scary drug. My young cousin has done it and if her brain activity, or lack thereof, is a direct result, then you really want to stay clear, the girls lucky she can stand upright and breath at the same time. Really Sweet Sneezy, don't do it, especially because of your professional ambitions.

Take care Sneezy, and remember, Alty is watching.:cool:
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 01:25 AM
    I completely agree with you in regards to ecstasy. Pre-med researcher... e does permanent damage, even the first time. Trust me. I don't do drugs. =D
    Pets Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 07:33 AM
    I'm glad to hear it. Maybe you should let your friend know about the damages that drugs do. This may have been her first time, but it might not be her last.

Sorry that I Mother Henned you, it's what I do to people I care about. Yup, you!

Mar 24, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    I'm glad to hear it. Maybe you should let your friend know about the damages that drugs do. This may have been her first time, but it might not be her last.

Sorry that I Mother Henned you, it's what I do to people I care about. Yup, you!

I agree this might be something that could turn into an ongoing issue. Take it from a long time E user (recovering and clean for 5 years). One pill tends to turn into 100 very fast with that particular drug. Something to note regarding the popularity. E has been a strong club drug now for a few years. Easy to find and its duration of the high make is common choice of people who are not interested in poking themselve with a needle. Not hard for me to think this person tried it out the gates. In amsterdam its even easier to get then in the states. (and a little better imo).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drugs Test... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have been smoking cannabis for 2 years now, but since September it has slown right down to maybe 1 spliff a week or (£20 worth every 2 weeks) instead of 3 spliffs a week to 4 spliffs a week (like last may or June and before) now, my last spliff was Thursday... yesturday LOL, and I just...

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

Failed urine test on community corrections [ 3 Answers ]

I took a drug test for them Thursday. They said I showed positive for benzo. I have not took any drugs. I just got out of the substance abuse program in December. Was in jail for 6 months doing this program. I sure don't want to go back. I take valerian root at night to help sleep. I have read that...

Eye Test Failed [ 1 Answers ]

Ohio please I failed the eye test when I went to get my license renewed, they took my license but gave me a paper with driving rights until I can get new glasses and retake the test or until my birthday 2/27. We have had horrible weather here and I finally was able to get my eye test and new...

Failed Ontario Emission Test [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Toyota Pickup, 22RE I4 engine with EFI. 300Km... Good compression,no oil burning, 5 speed manual. FAILED HC Test limit 66ppm reading 209... PASSED HC Curb Idle Test limit 200/ 129 FAILED CO% limit 0.37 reading 8.34... PASSED CO% Curb idle limit1.00/0.18 PASSED NO limit 968 reading...

View more questions Search