Ask
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Mar 21, 2008, 03:08 PM
    ISO Male 46, Spokane, dob 01-1962 ADOPTEE
    Please make contact. Thank you. ST
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Mar 21, 2008, 10:58 PM
    ST,
    Unable to determine if you are the adoptee or searching for the adoptee. If you are an adoptee, ISO Birthfamily, Male 46, Spokane, dob 01-1962 ADOPTEE or ISO Male Adoptee,Spokane, dob 01-1962 for birthfamilies searching "adoption lingo" is usually used. The more clear you are the better the possibility for positive results, for example. I am unsure, therefore I will try to cover all the basic's and hope that it can be followed. Just in case.
    I suppose you are a birth family member who is searching by the format used, ISO male.
    Do you have a website? On myspace? On Facebook? Anywhere online?
    Have you posted your butt off? I mean literally everywhere you could find?
    Have you joined an adoption search and support message board site?
    Like one on yahoogroups or googlegroups.com?
    Have you ever used Google Alert - Professional Web Alerts
    You can put in the adoptee's dob, state, etc adopted and see what pops up on a daily basis and have a search engine do the work for you?
    Have you joined a group in the state you were born in? Or the adoptee was born in?
    The state the adoptee was adopted in? Or the adoptee was adopted into. If different than his birth state.
    Do you know what hospital he were born in?
    Do you know how much he weighed at birth?
    Have you updated your contact information everywhere, even at the adoption agency?
    Have you signed or released confidentiality, if one day he wishes to just call you?
    Have you requested your non-id information from the adoption agency if an adoption agency was used? You are entitled to information if you are a birth family member. If they did any follow up on the adoption, that is.
    If not, do you know the lawyers name that was used at birth?
    All of this information can be useful oneday.
    If you have any medical conditions, have you petitioned the court to try to find out additional medical information to help you?
    To open sealed records.
    Especially if a medical condition is genetic by nature.
    Such as, bi-polar disorder and a number of psychological illnesses are known to be relative in nature.
    Did you know that?
    Even depressive disorder.
    It runs in family traits.
    Join a support group to learn the in's and out's of search and reunion. Learn the basic's first. Don't let it overwhelm you. It can be very overwhelming at first.
    Take baby steps. Especially if your search process becomes more difficult.
    Many adoptee's do not search until one or both adoptive parents are deceased.
    Hopefully, your bio-family will be right online, waiting for you to respond to one of their posts.
    Have you tried G's list?
    Have you tried the adoption search bank?
    Have you registered with ISRR?
    Have you registered in your own state with a Adoption Reunion Database?
    If your state has one that is.
    They may also have a Sibling reunion database.
    You could file with one of his siblings names if you wish.
    Please check into that one as well.
    In some states, they provide what is called a CI to assist you in your search process. There is a fee for this service.
    Which chaps my hide to tell you the truth.
    If the states did not make it so difficult for all of us, then we wouldn't have to pay the enormous fee's for a CI or private investigators or to the adoption agencies to find out about ourselves.
    We should have access to our Vital Records as Adult Adoptee's, just as any other American Citizen.
    Or make it less difficult to try to contact our biological families than some law that generalizes all of us in one lump manufactured deception of confidentiality law.
    Some birth mother's do not want contact. While others do and spend their lives hoping and praying for the day that you finally find them.
    Many brothers and sisters who have been fortunate to know about the child that was adopted, search for their siblings online now-a-days. With great success!
    Make a webpage. You can even make the webpage, anonymous!
    Make sure you always use an email addy that you will remember and follow up upon on occasion.
    Many searchers, forget. They get busy and move on in their lives and do not follow up on posts or emails. For example.
    For me, I was as open as I possible could in my search process. Allowing others to share in my grief, my sadness, my hopes and prayers, my joy's and self discoveries.
    I help when I can. I advise when I feel it is necessary. I ramble to hopefully hit a nerve, even at times. To possibly wake up those who do not consider the possibilities of enlarging your family within a reunion process. To achieve hopeful forgiveness within their lives. To understand that the possibilities of a find can be heart-wrenching or miraculous! It is as personal as any family in the world.
    Like mine. Everyone who is adopted or is adoption connected within a family, even an extended family, like an Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, can be curious about the what if's in life.
    But more than anyone else, the adoptee has what if's that may even save their lives. Or their children's. If some unfortunate illness is lying dormant in ones dna, for example and is unknown.
    You may know these things as stated above already. You certainly know some of the ISO lingo! That is used. Please just make it more understandable. ISO Birthfamily, (In search of Birthfamily) Spokane, dob 01-1962 dob, state, etc adoptee or ISO Male Adoptee, dob, state, etc birthmother/father or sister, or you can leave it blank if you are a birthfamily member, etc.
    Many birthmothers are made victims to cruel person's who wish to rip them off, pull on their heart strings. Be careful out there if you are. Do not give money to anyone within your search process. Unless you know it is from a verifiable professional investigator with reference's and a license. Otherwise, there are plenty of search angels that perform searches for free or ask you to do some leg work to enable your search process to be fruitful.
    But I have posted this information, just in case you or someone else is lurking and wishing to know, as well! Yes, you! Hehe
    But I cannot tell all of my secrets. Because there are also those who wish to disable adoptee's and birthfamilies from seeking each other. And they are usually and unfortunately, conditional parents. Who cannot understand the concept due to emotional disablement.
    Or their belief that their children do not have a right to know. Even if they are adults, now.
    In the eye's of closed record adoption states, adoptee's are forever treated as if we are still children. It is infantile to believe that most of us cannot deal with rejection if it be the case. As an adult, you eventually learn rejection along your life path. And learn to deal with it, if it be the case. As an adult, you eventually learn how to love someone. Learn how to manage your checkbook, learn a ton of things. But as an adult adoptee, you are still unable to access your vital information or choose to contact or search for your biological family? Or be made to feel guilty for wanting to even consider the possibilities. Conditional love is not love. It is control over another.
    Unconditional love explores, develops, encourages, seeks, acknowledges, forgives and understands.
    I know which one, I am.
    Do you? Just something to consider. It may help you in understanding the mind of an adoptee who has found and broadened her family. And feels a sense of wholeness that cannot be summed up in words. But in her actions.

Mar 22, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Please post your information on this database. If you haven't do so, already, that is. It is a very good one. And is used within the Adoption Search Community. Home of The Adoption Database and Adoption Registry
    If you happen to find someone that has posted information, more than likely they have posted in other sites or databases as well. The person that runs this database does charge a fee. But the fee is minimal and used to keep a vast database available and updated. Her and her search angels pay fee's for The Web's Largest People Search by Background Check, Public Records Search, E-Mail Address - Find People and Search Business at PeopleFinders.com, ancestry.com, etc. To enable families to be reunited. There are also free ones, online. But most of them want to see that the birth family member or the adoptee has done some leg work within their search process themselves. I believe it is due to value. Most people do not value the gifts that a search angel provides of their time, experience, and caring nature. And sometimes even forget to thank them for that time, etc. Unless, they pay for it. So, many of the free help that you may receive will want to ensure that this is something that is Valued and important in your life to know. And that you are emotionally ready to possibly handle the outcome with their intervention.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Ok, I did not read feelsonumbzombie, I am sure that was a lot of great info, they are good with that.

Alll I can say is please come and add some additional info as to exactly who you are looking for, are you the parent looking for child or other way around? Also any other info will be helpful
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 09:49 AM
    They are the birth family.

ISO = In Search Of.

so... the title should read as: In search of male, 46. Spokane, WA area. Adoptee who was adopted/born 01-1962.

FSNZ posted a lot of great places to start searching. I'd add adoption.com to that list. I'd also place letters with the adoption agency used, and the courthouse where he was born, letting him know how to contact YOU, if he is searching.

More information from you, though, would help us to help you. I hope you come back and post again.

Mar 22, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Yes, Synnen. But if they are to send any information to a courthouse where he was born or contact the adoption agency, they will also need to release confidentiality for that information to be released.
    A statement in letter form, which you could register through mail:
    I hereby release any liability for confidentiality in lieu of adoptee seeking contact.

This is usually sufficient. Or hopefully it is to the reader. One statement to enable possible reunion. If both parties desire it.

Mar 28, 2008, 01:46 AM
    Thank you all for the time you spent at my post. Your information has been acted upon and I have extended this search to Washington Adoption Reunion, (W.A.R.M.). I am a birth-father and had a chance meeting with the birth-mother several months ago. This was our first meeting in 25 years. In the early '80s we decided not to conduct a search because of our son's age and consideration of his adoptive family. We thought best to wait until he was in his 40's. I have posted on several regional and National search sites but to date have had no response.

This man may have auburn hair, hazel eyes, normal build, good teeth, great voice and might look a bit like a younger Warren Beatty. He is Austrian-Irish, French-Italian. I do not have the adoption birth certificate. He was born January 26, 1962 in Spokane, Washington, Booth-Memorial and St. Lukes Hospital.

Again my thanks to all you for your time. ST

Apr 7, 2008, 10:59 PM
    FOUND!! Many thanks from the bottom of my heart.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Congratulations. I hope that all goes as you expected.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 11:13 PM
    That's wonderful!

Please let us know the details of your reunion!

Apr 8, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by statictable
    FOUND!!!!!!!! Many thanks from the bottom of my heart.
    Congratulations!
    Hope all is going well in your reunion process. Please see Adoption Network for Search Reunion and Support - Books Page
    Please also search the reunion database at adoption.com for advice upon an adoption find. It will help a great deal!
    My only advice is to try to take it as slow as possible.
    Great to hear about your miracle!
    I'm Doin' the Happy Dance!
    ewoodard1123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by statictable
    Please make contact. Thank you. ST
    I was just wondering where you were adopted cause I'm iso my fathers bio family. He was also adopted in 1962. Birthdate is 12/21/1960
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ewoodard1123
    I was just wondering where you were adopted cause im iso my fathers bio family. He was also adopted in 1962. Birthdate is 12/21/1960
    Please read all the posts before resonding, especially the older posts, most times a solution has already been found and no further responses are necessary. The OP has found who they were looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not an adoptee [ 9 Answers ]

I want to find my birth father but every website I got to they are talking about adoption but I have not been adopted I just want to find my birth father so can you refer me to a website that can find my birth father for free and its not one of those adoption sites

Looking for 1962 Spokane Adoptee! [ 4 Answers ]

01/26/62 dob, male, adoptee, Spokane,WA, have info 4U. I have your first name and agency name.

AC Condenser Unit Delay on Break (DOB) Timers [ 9 Answers ]

Turn thermostat OFF, pull AC disconnect to condenser unit, and turn off furnace breaker (power to contactor coil) before performing any work. Use non-contact voltage meter to verify power is off. Finally, use a large plastic handle screwdriver between contactor and ground to confirm power is off. ...

Spayed male dog humping other male dogs. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My male dog mixed boston terrier/pug. He has been spayed at 4 months old. He never bother females dogs. But when a small male dog comes around he wants to hump her all the time. Why is that? How can I break him from it? I though once spayed they do not have the desire to hump. And why he only...

View more questions Search