Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honeydiip Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Microdermabrasion for Acne + Stretch Marks
    Is microdermabrasion for acne perminate? And has anyone ever had any success with it on stretch marks?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 23, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Microdermabrasion exfoliates and removes the dead layer of skin cells from the face, chest and hands to reveal healthier new skin cells underneath. Microdermabrasion can be used to reduce scars from acne, and can also diminish the appearance of stretch marks. You may need several treatments to achieve the desired results.
    Honeydiip Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Do you know if the results are permanent, like if I get it for acne can the acne come back ?
    -

Mar 24, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Microdermabrasion may give you long lasting results, but it does not provide permanent results. This technique is used to remove acne scars and dark spots, but it's not a cure for acne. However, acne can be treated and controlled with the right medications.
    gneiss Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Hey PrettyLady

Do you think microdermabrasion is more affective rather then peels(glycolic , enzyme, lactic)when treating hyperpigementation on the face?

I have melasma at the back of my calf do think I can use an at home peel to help get rid of it? Could the peel treat melasma?

Thank you so much
    -

Mar 31, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gneiss
    Hey PrettyLady

Do you think microdermabrasion is more affective rather then peels(glycolic , enzyme, lactic)when treating hyperpigementation on the face?

I have melasma at the back of my calf do think i can use an at home peel to help get rid of it? Could the peel treat melasma?

Thank you so much
    Chemical peels come in three intensities which are light, medium, and deep. A deep chemical peel is more effective than microdermabrasion because it can penetrate and exfoliate a thicker layer of skin to remove hyperpigmentation problems. They can can be use remove melasma skin hyperpigmentation. There are milder at-home chemical peel systems which are available in stores. However, if your melasma condition is moderate to severe, please consult a dermatologist for a proper treatment option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Stretch marks and acne scars [ 1 Answers ]

Does vitamin e really help remove stretch marks and acne scars and redness? I have heard good things about it, I have also heard that it makes you breakout because it is oily. I have vitamin e oil and have been putting it on my scars and stretch marks for a little while now and I just want to know...

Stretch marks [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every one, please if you have any advices on how I could get rid of my stretch marks on my mid calf. I've had them since I was 15yrs though I didn't gain weight dramatically it was only few pounds I put on, and now I weigh 53kg only. Tried many products and creams nothing worked, and lately I...

Stretch marks [ 5 Answers ]

I have just recenlty statred putting on a lot of weight, and beacause of this I have got a lot of stretch marks, I have just recently started putting mosterizer on the areas but I was just wonering if doing that will help at all/ Or does any one know a great way to get rid of stretch marks?...

Stretch marks [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, I go to middle school and next year I'm going to take cheerleading in high school. I weigh 134 pounds and I'm 13 years old. I have no idea how I got stretch marks on my legs . I have some between my thighs and some behind my knees. I really want to take cheerleading but I have stretch...

View more questions Search