Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    somi9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Taxation in USA for interest earned in foreign countries
    Do you have to declare interest earned with USA tax filing if you earned this in a foreign country and already paid taxes in that country?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Yes, if you are U.S. citizen or resident.
    You will also claim credit for taxes paid in the foreign country. For this you will file Form 1116.
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 01:26 PM
    And if the foreign bank account value exceeds $10,000 at any point during the year, you need to file Form TD F 90-22.1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outsourcing Jobs to Foreign Countries [ 11 Answers ]

I'm writing a paper on Outsourcing Jobs to Foreign Countries and for the life of me, I can't seem to get started with a thesis statement. I need at least four... any ideas? I am truly drawing a blank here! :confused:

Foreign Earned Income [ 7 Answers ]

I am currently working in Germany. I am a US citizen, but my wife is a German national. She is not a registered alien, but she does posses a ITIN for tax purposes. We are filing a joint tax return. Because she does not work for a U. S. entity she does not pay U.S. taxes and therefore does not...

Outsourcing Jobs to Foreign Countries [ 5 Answers ]

I need help with finding thesis statements regarding outsourcing jobs to foreign countries.

Foreign Income in two diff countries . But paid tax already in those countries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am resident alien for Tax Yr 2006. I earned some income in Singapore (3 months) and In India (3 month) in Yr 2006. I guess, I can claim foreign tax credit for India as I am citizen of India and I pass 12 months test. But In Singapore I was on for 5 consecutive months and out of that only...

Query on foreign-earned taxation India/US DTAA [ 4 Answers ]

I was employed in US by a US organization for 5 months from Aug'05 to Dec'05 on H1B visa. I had file US returns with IRS in the month of April '06 with filing status as 'Other Single Non-resident alien', as I did not satisfy the substantial presence test of 183 days in US. Now, while I am...

View more questions Search