Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    selmamarla3 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Future Value: Annuity versus annuity due
    What's the future value of a 7 percent, 5 year ordinary annuity that pays $300 each year? If this were annuity due, what would its future value Be?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 03:00 PM

Where i = interest per compounding period, and n = total number of compounding periods.
    Since yours is annual, i just equals the yearly interest rate and n equals the years.

That is the equation, but I don't know how you need to solve it. This can be done with charts, financial calculators and Excel.

I don't remember the adjustment for an annuity due cause I never do them. I think you add one to n, and then subtract one payment from the final answer. If I have time, I'll try to look that up if someone doesn't beat me to it.
    victoriaber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 05:18 AM

= 300[((1 + 0.07)5-1)/0.07]
    = 1725.22

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Future value of annuity [ 2 Answers ]

What is the future value of a 5-year annuity due that promises to pay you 300 each year The interest rate is 7 percent

Future Value of an annuity [ 1 Answers ]

It's a multiple choice question and I think I have the right answer but simply want to double check. If a baseball player is getting 3 million a year for 10 years what table would you use to calculate the value of his contract in today's dollars? I think it is the future value of an anuity table....

Using future value of single amount, future value of annuity table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how do you know when to use the Future of value of single amount table, and when to use the future value of annuity table?

Future Value of an Annuity [ 1 Answers ]

What is the future value of a 5-year annuity due that promises to pay you $300 each year? Assume that all payments are reinvested at 7 percent a year, until Year 5.:confused:

View more questions Search