Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    royce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 10:15 PM
    Suspended algae
    I changed a little over a third of the water in my goldfish tank about a 2 and a half weeks ago. Also cleaned gravel of fish waste and put in new charcoal filters and added water treatment to tank. For the last three days my clear/clean looking fish tank has become more green by the day. I've stopped using the lamp that covers the tank, although it has been on all winter ,I've used an algae remover tablet for last two days and I've put a dark sheet over a window that's by the fish tank. Any suggestions on how to get water clear again?

AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
    It takes about a week or so for the algae to die and filter out after using an algae destroyer.
    You may even have to dose the tank a second time.
    Read the directions and see when you can add another dose.
    Keep doing what you're doing with keeping the lighting low.
    Good luck and happy fish keeping.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Algae on vinyl siding [ 5 Answers ]

I have never regretted putting low maintenance vinyl siding on my house in 1985. Low doesn't mean zero. I am now having problems with algae on the North side. It is the perfect environment, shaded and damp, and the ancient red wood deck doesn't help either. A few years ago I spent a hard day's...

Stock tank algae. [ 8 Answers ]

This is a short message.Can algae bloom happen in a fresh water stock tank? Jack

Death of algae eater [ 2 Answers ]

What would cause the death of algae eater? I have a plecostamus in 10 gallon tank with 2 black moor fish and they seem o.k. the algae eater was behind fake plants curled up in a ball. This is 2nd algae eater that died? I fed him the wafers but confused how often to feed.

Algae Growing In Vase [ 1 Answers ]

I have a typical house plant growing in a antique clear glass vase. Lately I have been needing to change the water almost every day, because so much algae is growing on the inside. Is there anything I can add to the water to stop the algae growth, but not harm my plant?

Blue-green algae [ 1 Answers ]

Hello What kingdom is blue-green algae included in? And can you tell me 4 different places where blue-algae grows? And why are most of them found in higher intertidal zones or in shallow waters?

View more questions Search