Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nadia999 Posts: 69, Reputation: -2
    -

Mar 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
    AHA peel for the body/face
    Can I have AHA peel for the body? Can it performed at the doctor's office , how much would it cost, and if I can buy, if it does exist, how much? What concentration do I have to get?
    Is chemical peel and vitalize peel are AHA peel?
    Which one is better Retin A peel or AHA peel?
    Can renova cream be applied around the eyes, neck, and the back of the hands to keep wrinkles at bay?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 20, 2008, 05:17 PM
    The chemical agents used in chemical peels are AHA (glycolic acid), lactic acid, salicylic acid, trichloroacetic acid (TCA), and carbolic acid (phenol). The Vitalize peel is formulated with alpha-hydroxy acid and retinoic acid which is useful and gentle on the skin. The Retin-A peel is more effective than the AHA peel, but it can cause skin irritation, redness, flaking, and increased skin sensitivity. Chemical peels are available on the market, however, you should let a dermatologist do the chemical peel procedure to avoid damaging your skin. Chemical peels can cost between $100 to $3000 or more. Please consult a dermatologist in your area for more information if you're interest in getting chemical peels.

It is recommended that you use Renova on the face once a day. Avoid using it near your eyes, nostrils and mouth.
    -

Mar 20, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Thanks pretty, how about the body? Do they do that at the doctor's office?
    Can I buy one to use it on the body? Do you recommend where to buy retin A and AHA for the body?
    Some say retin A.1@ cream has the same results as any chemical peel, chemical peel is just a waste of money , is that true?
    -

Mar 20, 2008, 10:39 PM
    It will be expensive to treat your whole body with chemical peels. If you do the chemical peels yourself, you could end up burning your skin. You should talk to a dermatologist in your area about chemical peels, and he/she will determine the best approach for your skin. Chemical peels penetrate the skin more deeply than Retin-A creams. Therefore, chemical peels are more effective. Good luck.
    -

Mar 21, 2008, 01:35 AM
    Comment on PrettyLady's post
    Thanks a lot
    -

Mar 21, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Pretty, sorry, I wanted to add this in my last q. but forgot,
    Does hydroquinone work on freckles and dark circles, won't cause wrinkles?
    In case of using retin A and hydroquinone, which one should be applied first, or they are mixed before applied?
    -

Mar 21, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Yes, hydroquinone can help lighten freckles and discolorations. Hydroquinone can be used to a maximum of 3-6 months and should be applied only on the effected areas. It doesn't cause wrinkles, but it can irritate the skin if it's used for a prolong time. I do not recommend mixing two different brands of creams together. Apply the hydroquinone cream first and then apply Retin-A over it.
    toefoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Hydroquinone is cancer causing and if you look it up its already been banned in asia and europe for these reasons

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Vitamin c and glycolic acid(AHA) products be used together [ 1 Answers ]

I have pimple marks and dull skin.So I use 3%glycolic acid face wash for marks and a vitamin c based cream for brightening up my complexion.But I recently heard that the two shouldn't be used together.is it true?if so then how should I tackle my prob?

Has anyone every tried Fair & White AHA Lighting Cream or Rare Extracts body bleach [ 45 Answers ]

Hi.. I was wondering if anyone has tried any of these lighting creams and if you did can you tell me if they worked for you. Also, if it did how long did it take. I just started using Fair & White AHA Lightening Cream a couple days ago but I was kindda iffy about it because it says it contains...

View more questions Search