Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LilHazel32 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Arrest Warrants
    I was wondering if there is a way of getting rid of an arrest warrant with out serving time in jail, it was issued due to failure to appear in court and false name to a peace officer... can any one help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 20, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Get a lawyer. They can maybe negotiate something for you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LilHazel32
    I was wondering if there is a way of getting rid of an arrest warrant with out serving time in jail, it was issued due to failure to appear in court and false name to a peace officer....can any one help??

If you can get around the failure to appear I don't think you can get around the false name charge -

Just so I understand - was the false name the reason for the citation and then you didn't appear?
    LilHazel32 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    If you can get around the failure to appear I don't think you can get around the false name charge -

Just so I understand - was the false name the reason for the citation and then you didn't appear?

The citation was for driving with out a licence and I gave them a false name, and I was arrested and later released, they set a court date but I was not in the state due to no where to live I called before the court date to let them know that I wouldn't be able to appear and they said there was nothing I can do I had to be there even though I had told them it was impossiable!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 03:26 PM
    You need an attorney who will arrange bail for you so that as soon as you turn yourself in you can be released. But you will then still have to stand trial or work out a plea agreement the failure to appear, the false name charges.

If you wait till they pick you up, your time in jail will be greatly increased
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Giving some one else's name to the cops is never a good idea. Missing a court date isn't a good idea either. You will have to do some tall explaining to a judge to avoid any jail time (which I doubt will happen) or part with some money and hire an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To see if we have any warrants [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend wanted to know if we had any warrants?

Dui and warrants [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My friend just got stopped for something else minor and he had 1 warrant and 2 in another state for dui... and I was wondering how much time he would have to do in jail. I was told by a judge that I have to stay away from him and can not write or talk to him or I would get arrested.. we...

Travel with warrants [ 2 Answers ]

A long time ago I had some legal problems.over 10 years ago.I might have some warrants for misdemeanor bounced checks and child support contempt. I am cleaning up my life now and have a great job offer in Europe.I wonder 1.I was given a passport last year.Does that mean it is OK for me to...

Warrants? [ 5 Answers ]

How Do I Find Out If I Got Em?? And if I'm 17 when do they go away if I do have them??

View more questions Search