Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klewis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 11:05 AM
    My father passed left inheritance. Married 18 years. Is my spouse entitled to my inheritance?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by klewis
    my father passed left inheritance. married 18 years. is my spouse entitled to my inheritance?

This should be moved to another thread - not piggybacked.

Depends on the State - in NYS it's separate property.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Are you still married,? If you are, it is possible it will depend on what nation you live in, and if in the US what state, in some states if you receive the money prior to a divorce or legal separation, they may get part of it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do my unborn child father has passed away [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I am 7 1/2 months pregnant me and my ex broke up and he then moved on and was engaged he has since then denied this being his child so we have been waiting the birth to prove it in a dna test he has recently passed away and the family denys this as his child how can I prove this to be his...

Father passed away, left small piece of property [ 1 Answers ]

When I was 15 my father passed away and left a piece of property in Alaska to me as outlined in the will. How do I get the property transfrred from his name to my name? My uncle pat, my dad's brother, was the executor of the estate. Can he transfer it to me or do I have to go thro probate?...

Father passed with outstanding credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away in December. We have come to realize he had 3 credit cards with balances totaling about $20,000. We live in Louisiana, which is a community property state. My dad did not have a will and as far as any estate, would be the townhouse he lived in with my mother. Is my mom...

Father passed [ 9 Answers ]

My father passed this life on Jan 2, I was with him at his passing. He went down hill quickly since Thanksgiving. At that time he could still walk across the floor, but Christmas he was confined to his bed. His passing was peaceful in his sleep. He will truly be missed.

View more questions Search