Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meena Kau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2005, 12:06 PM
    I have a question regarding Immigration Fraud
    First of all I'm not sure if this is fraud. However, I have a friend who married a guy from overseas over 10 years ago. He became a US citizen nearly 3 years ago. Then his parents came here recently. Once they came they gave him the idea to divorce my friend and marry someone else from overseas since he is an untouchable or has US citizenship. Is there anything wrong with this? They are now being very abusive to my friend because he is pushing her for a divorce. Thanks for your help and advice.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 10, 2005, 12:51 PM
    I don't know where these people are from, but my thinking on relatives getting involved is so intense that my main answer is to tell them to bug off.

He apparently married her for a reason, and if it was not love, then go to the nearest Homeland Security Office and report them all. Your friend should go to a shelter or if they are in her home, throw them all out, and then check the laws applying to her husband's citizenship, and if she had to sponsor him and then paid a lot of money to boot, she should drop him like a hot potato and make certain that anything he does from now on, she will not be held liable for.

In other words, get her to seek legal help as soon as possible, even if she loves him, they are out to do no good to her and should not succeed. You did not mention the country or religion, and you know that at present these are very stressful and touchy times. Good luck to your friend.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Oct 11, 2005, 07:36 PM
    Status of Immigration Fraud Notification
    There is not harder department of government anywhere in the world than the US immigration authorities, now handled by the Dept Homeland Security.

If you need to know anyting, you can go to their website, sorry I don't have their URL at my fingertips, and download a status enquiry form. However, it will cost you. They do not work for rnothing and they ar enot cheap.

If you have made tyour report, then it will be dealt with by the Dept in their own good time. They are slow, but they have a backlog.

It is almost certain that they will have received your notification.

"The mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceeding small ... "

Best wishes.

MORGANITE

:)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 11, 2005, 08:11 PM
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/homeland/index.html

This is the homepage of Dept of Homeland Security. I'm sure they have a subsidiary in Las Vegas too. I looked up Lagos and they all looked like articles about fraudelent complaints to me.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 11, 2005, 08:15 PM
    immigration fraud search
    http://www.mywebsearch.com/jsp/AJmai...ZN&tpr=jrel3&t=

On this page you will find all types of immigration and immigration fraud links.
    Good Luck.
    babyransie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
    My husband son murder some one in Jamaica w.i.one year ago my husband file for his son three years ago is papers almost come through. They have him hide away at a another parish from the police.now he is waiting for the immigration to call him for his interview date. This boy is not my son, just my husband.what should I do should I inform the police where he is hiding, I do not want a murder in this country because of me, I was the
    One that file for my husband. Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fraud? [ 11 Answers ]

Where can I write to find out the status of an immigration fraud complaint I turned in in Las Vegas, Nevada immigration dept. All I want to know is if they received the papers I sent regarding this fraud.. Anybody know? Email me

Immigration fraud? [ 32 Answers ]

My wife and I went to her final Immigration (Green card) interview in April, here in NYC. She got her restrictions lifted at that time. Within two weeks of that appt, she threw me out of the bedroom and told me that she wanted a divorce. Interestingly enough, when I asked her if she was worried...

Immigration fraud? [ 2 Answers ]

27 years ago, my friend immigrated in the United States through her parents. She was 23 years old and a college graduate. Little did we know that she married her boyfriend secretly before going to the United States and for some reason unknown to us, she did not keep in touch with him and later...

Divorce and immigration [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have the longest wait time for legal paperwork to get done... it's been two years and still waiting. However, I do not want to stay married, and while we were married legitimately, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can get a legal separation without screwing up his...

Reporting immigration fraud [ 3 Answers ]

If you know of Immigration fraud that is going on in Cincinnati Ohio can anyone tell me with whom I would report it to? I have tried various numbers and they are either disconnected or only computer voiced. Thx

View more questions Search