Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 20, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Unsure about how to get started.
    My sister and I are making a line of clothing and want to sell it to a major manufacturer. I know this won't be easy, and we could use a little help. We are creating designs, patterns, and prototypes, but don't know what other steps we need to take. We have a possible contact with the company we want to pitch to, and would like to be able to show them something by early summer. What do we need to do? What should we have prepared before going in for a meet. Neither of us have ever done anything like this, and we know how difficult it is to get in with a major clothing name, but we think it's possible. Do we need a business plan? Attorney? What do we need other than design, pattern, and prototype? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Yes, you need a business plan. You might find a sample one on the following sites that you could tailor to suit your needs. http://www.sba.gov/ and SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" | SCORE there is also other excellent information available on either site.

If you do have a possible contact already with a company, then I would suggest asking that person what the requirements would be to do what you are trying to do.

If you click on the following search, you will find other companies that you could also contact about the possible manufacturing and marketing of your clothing. Clothing Wholesale Manufacturer - Google Search

In my opinion, I don't think that you need to have an attorney involved at this point. But, it would probably be a good idea to at least have an initial, free consultation with one and then to keep him or her informed as to what is going on should you actually need the attorney at some point in the future.

As far as the legalities are concerned, it's always good to be seeking out the professional advice of an attorney who can tell you if you are taking the proper legal steps in order to do what you are trying to do.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 20, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Thank you. I really do appreciate the information you provided. Having a free consult with an attorney is also a good idea. Hadn't thought of that one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure... [ 2 Answers ]

I have not missed a period... I take the pill on a daily basis have not missed a day. The past 4 or 5 day I have had a terrible neausa feeling... I talked to my mom she said could be pregnant, so I took an ept test and the results were positive. Is this possible? How correct are the ept tests.

Unsure what to do ? [ 2 Answers ]

I really like this guy he's my best friend but he has a girlfriend but all does is complain how much they fight I am always his shoulder I like him and I hate seeing him hurt I am confused on what to do I have known him forever :confused:

My ex, I am unsure what to do about her. [ 20 Answers ]

Hi guys. Im going to put this in point form to save you all from A lot of reading lol. By the way she just turned 18, and I just turned 21 if that's any help for an answer. . Was with my ex for a year and a half. . On and off we were, her deciding to end it every couple of months. ....

Unsure also [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry I am all new at this and posted as a reply first and now as a question. I have been on a 24 day cycle. I am now 3 days late on that cycle. I am getting a faint line when tested yesterday, but this morning it is even more faint. I have an appointment with my doc tomorrow. I also have low...

Unsure [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I really need help in understanding this pregnancy situation.. I started using the patch about a year ago and had stop using it since last augest and since then I've been trying to get pregnant and nothing yet I see signs that confuse me and I go out and buy tests and they come out negative. But...

View more questions Search