Ask
    bowtiepr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2006, 04:28 PM
    Mouse problems
    How do I clean my mouse?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 4, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Assumming you have a mouse with a ball, I wouldn't recommend cleaning it. With optical rodents so cheap, it makes sense to get one as a replacement since they need no maintenance.

However, if you want to clean a mechancical mouse, get some iso-propyl alcohol and some q-tips. Open the bottom (there is a circular ring that rotates. Take the ball out and use a clean cloth to clean it with the alcohol. Then use the q-tips to clean the rollers.
    bowtiepr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2006, 08:25 AM
    Thanks a lot, Scott, that did the trick
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2006, 08:27 AM
    HI,
    I clean my mouse sometimes, when it starts "sliding" on the mouse pad.
    After you turn off the computer, open the mouse, if it has a ball in it.
    Clean as the other answer suggested.
    Then, using your fingernail, run your fingernail gently across the "rollers" inside the mouse. There might be some "buildup" accumulated, causing the ball to not turn the rollers. If there is, the alcohol might not remove it, and you will have to gently "scrape" it with your fingernail to get it off.
    If that doesn't work, then you can get another mouse for around $10; or at least in my area, that is the cost of a PS/2 mouse.
    Best of luck.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2006, 08:29 AM
    Hi, Bowtie,
    I posted my answer about 2 minutes after you posted you have solved the issue. Didn't see your answer... sorry about that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New mouse problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a new wireless optical mouse. My computer recognizes it in the usb port, says device is working properly, however I cannot get the mouse to work.the old mouse still works. What do I need to do?

ME-Mouse [ 1 Answers ]

I am runnig Me on my PC .but the Mouse does not work... Help.. What can I do

Installing a new mouse [ 8 Answers ]

I have just bought a new gaming mouse with a ps2 connection,can I just install this mouse without unpluging the origenal mouse which is on a different connection

Serial Mouse Detection Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I recently formatted and upgraded a Pentium I Gateway Computer to Windows 98. I attached a serial mouse to it-but I keep getting this error message that tells me no mouse is dectected. I must either restart if I have a PS/2 mouse or I may safely attach a serial mouse then. The mouse is already...

Mouse problem [ 2 Answers ]

My mouse is very moody. I changed it a couple of times thinking it might be my mouse but it still acts the same. My latest one is a wheelmouse optical. It does not move to the direction I wanted it to go and responds very slow. It works fine for a short while but later it gets stuck again. I tried...

View more questions Search