Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandcrow Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Paying taxes on inherited annuity
    My brother and I were beneficiary of an annuity. I understand we pay taxes on the taxable amount listed in box 2a of the 1099.
    My question is... do I treat this as income adding it to myearned income and possibly raising my tax bracket, or do I pay taxes based on the earned income bracket? What Federal tax form addresses this tax issue?

Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 3, 2006, 11:40 PM
    The income will probably be reported on Line 16B of Form 1040.

It will raise your income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on inherited property [ 4 Answers ]

I inherited property from step mother who had life estate of property which belonged to my father. My brother had already past away but had two daughters so I received 1/2 and they 1/4 each. Do I have to figure taxes on my half? Do I have to pay taxes on it or report it on my taxes? Thanks for your...

H1B paying taxes on W2 and 1099 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1-B status, i.e. I am being paid by my Employer for which I will be paying taxes on W2 Form. I got an opportunity to earn money legally for my services using 1099 form. Am I allowed to pay taxes for the earned income using both W2, 1099 being on H1 B status? I apreciate your...

Inherited Property Being Sold- Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died and left property in trust for my mother, my brother and I. (40 years ago.) My mother dies in 1989, and the property transferred to my brother and I. The trust was dissolved in 1994. I have paid taxes on this property continuously. The property value has increased 10x. It...

H1B, employer not paying withheld income taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I know that my employer isn't paying the income taxes that he withholds from my salary. Does that affect my situation regarding my H1B? I mean in the application it says that I should be paid a certain salary to have this Visa and if the taxes that are withheld are not paid it will look like I have...

Taxes on inherited property sold [ 0 Answers ]

My siblings and I inherited our parents house after their death. It was in poor condition. We had it appraised for $132,000 and sold it for $125,000. Do we owe any federal income tax on it? All I have read so far indicates that we do not. But, how to we file, since the mortgage company that...

View more questions Search