Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baby_g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Piercings
    Hey guys, OK I have a 4 month old industrial peircing and it has these little bumps on the ends of each hole and I use sea salt and once and a while peroxide, do anyone know what else I can do to make them go away or will they go away in time, cause I know it takes 6 months to a year to heal.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 3, 2006, 07:38 PM
    Sea salts do not use peroxide the peroxide will cause it not to heal properly. Clean it every day. Your best bet is to go back to the piercing facility that did it and have them check it. My daughter has her lip pierced both sides, me my nose and my husband has his labret pierced. When we had it done we each had to go back twice for check up to make sure every thing was healing correctly.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 4, 2006, 02:00 AM
    Baby g, there's a possibility that you might be metal sensitive. Some people are sensitive to the metals present in karat gold, namely nickel, silver, zinc and copper. A metal sensitivity is indicated by contact dermatitis which can range in severity from mild itching and redness to swelling and a red rash of fluid-filled bumps or flaking skin in the area of contact. In some cases a metal sensitivity is acquired after prolonged exposure. Your piercings may require several months to heal.

Clean the piercings with warm water and a cleanser once or twice a day, if you clean it more than that you'll irritate it. Before cleaning, wash your hands with soap and water to reduce the risk of introducing bacteria to the piercings. Rinse the piercings in warm water and gently remove any crusting with a cotton swab. Then apply a dab of a liquid medicated cleanser the piercer might recommend an over-the-counter option to the area. Gently turn the jewelry back and forth to work the cleanser around the opening. (Avoid alcohol and peroxide, as they can dry the skin, and avoid antibiotic ointments, which keep oxygen from reaching the piercing and can leave a sticky residue on the area).
    mccarc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 01:56 AM
    They are awsome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercings [ 15 Answers ]

Um.. I got a question, and I hope someone would be able to help me.. I am going to self pierce a second hole but my mom said I could do it myself so I need some advice..

View more questions Search