Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Mar 19, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Is this possible? No probabtion, only 1 year suspension
    I just wonder if my friend is lying again. He was arrested in Texas with 2 DUI's, 2 Driving under suspension, possession of a firearm. He spent 2 weeks in jail and he only has his driver's license suspended for a year. No probation, no fines. That's it, just suspension of drivers license. Is that possible? Can even the best attorney do this? How?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Any more anything seems to be possible. Judges seem to go by their feelings rather than by the law. He could have more than just a one year dr lic suspension but doesn't feel comfortable telling people. I know many people who have had two or more DUI's and other charges and barely got a slap on the wrist.

Mar 19, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Amazing. This guy is a friend of mine, but he's going to kill someone driving so drunk. Someone will die because of him and thanks to the judge who let him off so lightly. Thanks for enlightening me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
    I know one Atlanta Attorney that has never ( at least of a few years ago) lost a DUI case, so they were able to get every every
    Client off with no conviction or punishment what so ever. ** for the DUI, now it takes 10,000 to get him to even show up in court for the first hearing.

Firearm? I thought everyone in Texas was suppose to own one?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 08:51 AM
    You can call up the Clerk's office if you know which county he was convicted in and ask the clerk to read you the disposition sheet and that will spell out all the information you need to know if he's lying or telling the truth. Speculating is just that - speculating and you would like to know the truth. All you need is his full name and birthdate (or approx how old he is) to get this information on the phone.

Mar 20, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Well, that is true about the firearms. It like having a BBQ pit or grill. It's just part of being a Texan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probabtion to another state for sex crime conviction [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I am so new to this site that I don't know what I should do so please bear with me. LOL Ok so I am trying to gather information for my friend who lives in prison in Nevada, he is up for probation in November 2008 and wants to move to Iowa where his mother lives and his girlfriend with kids...

Probabtion violation [ 3 Answers ]

I messed up by not reporting to probabtion every month and not doing my community service, is there a way to avoid jail ?

Suspension [ 8 Answers ]

I got a suspension in middle school.can this effect my future in college??

Licence suspension [ 3 Answers ]

If you are asked to hand in your licence for 5 months and it affects your ability to work or commut can you fight it? As I haved to quite my job and move into town.

View more questions Search