Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostintranslation7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 07:46 PM
    The Test Said Negative But I Have My Doubts
    I have recently become sexually active. I have had sex only 3 times and each time protection was used. Now I have found myself about 12 days late. Yesterday I took a test, and it came out negative, but I have found that my breasts are very tender and it makes me worry that I am pregnant but I don't know for sure. I'm going to try another test in a few days, and possibly visit my doctor, but I have these to ask: without being pregnant, is it possible for someone to miss a cycle when they first begin being sexual active; has my schedule changed altogether and that would explain my tender breasts; was it a faulty test and I am actually pregnant? If anyone has any of these answers, please help me out. I would really appreciate the input and it would allow me piece of mind. Thank you.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Did you check the condom to see if it was intact?

Although no form of birth control is 100% (except abstinence... yeah yeah... ), condoms do provide a good form of protection.

As far as your period being late, I would wait a couple days and get another hpt... if you wish, lots of stores now sell 2 in a box so that you can be more accurate.
    lostintranslation7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Yes I did check if it was intact and it was, so this doesn't make much sense and I know it didn't break so its accuracy really sucks then. I'm probably going to take another test in a few days and visiting my doctor if it comes up negative again.
    super mom Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Well with my first I was 2 weeks late and all my pee test were coming back negative. So I finally went to the hospital and took a blood test. Sure enough I was pregnant. So pee test don't always show as soon as we would like. Stay calm and test again. A dr. appt isnever a bad idea. Hope all is well.
    Brokensoul Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 11:32 AM
    When I first became sexually active it did screw up my cycle. I missed a month. And then it got on track. But I've also read online that sexual interaction with men with actually regulate your period. It did mine. I started with my husband when I was 15 and after that first month my period has NEVER gotten off track. Even from going on bithcontrol to getting off it. So good luck!
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Go to the doctor for a blood test. Like some of the above posters said, there are other reasons your cycle could be thrown off (Stress, other changes in hormone levels... ).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint...

Negative blood test negative urine but still feel pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi me again I've had my bloods taken not sure what of hcg tests I think which came backnormal,but still feel butterflys in my belly nauseas,and weight gain on my lower half could I still be pregnant or am I worrying myself in TO a early grave. Jeans are quite snug and my boobs have stopped...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

View more questions Search