Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpful hints008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:20 PM
    How do loose weight?
    Ive been trying to lose weight for a long time andit seems like it never comes off.
    I have tried all types off diet pills and diet plans and I walk almost everywhere.. my eating habits are somewhat non normal but nobodys perfect.

What do I do?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 06:32 PM
    You have to first review what type of foods your eating, and how much, are you eating a lot of snacks, cakes, cookies, chips, soda, or processed foods, large portions of foods, how about fast foods, and fried foods? If so these are some of the first that you need to cut down on if not eliminate for the time being. Some of these are high in sugar, which is the numer one reason for weight gain, or sodium, (retains water in your body), fats, and processed foods that have a lot of this and other things you don't need. If you drink a lot of presweetened drinks eliminate them and drink lots of water. Make sure your getting 3 servings at least of low fat/skim dairy every day, this includes, lowfat/skim milk, yogurt and cheese. Switch from white flour products, to whole grains, breads, cereals, rice, and pastas. Lean meats, ( 3 oz.) is one serving, of skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish and loin type meats, beans and legumes. You should try eating veggies and fruits with each meal. Make sure you start the day off with some form of a healthy breakfast. Smaller portion are a big help, read nutritional labels and stick to what it considers one serving size. And finally exercise, 4-5 times a week, 30-60 minutes, aerobics, walking, (for 1 hr.) jogging, running, dancing, biking, swimming, kickboxing, resistance/weight training, but you have to exercise to lose weight.
    _Me_ Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Ive starved myself before, and it seems to really drop the weight, although I will say that is NOT a healthy way of going about it
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 06:59 PM
    The trouble with that is, at first you will lose a few pounds, only it's just water weight and that won't stay off, then your body will start hoarding calories, so anything you eat goes directly toward your weight. And when you start starving yourself, it makes you weak and your body doesn't get the nutrients it needs, and that isn't good! So when you eat smaller portions, of healthy foods and don't miss any meals, you will actually lose weight a lot faster and this weight loss will stay off. I know this make sound a little backwards, but trust me, it does work. It's just a matter of caring about what foods you eat, as well as how much, watching out for the junk food and making sure yoiur body get the nutrients it needs, this will help your metabolism, which when it's working right will help your burn calories. Make a list of what you are eating, and see what you you may be eating that is no good for weight loss. Small changes will help a lot! Let me know how I can help you after that.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 07:57 PM
    I Can Make You Thin : TLC

I watched this man on a TLC special this past Sunday, he has a very good message. He will be doing , I believe 4 more shows. You may want to check it out. I found his advice to be very logical and helpful.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 07:38 PM
    The shows are probably great inspiration, but his site also sells his DVDs and like everything else, it's a promotional thing to make"him" money, which I'm not against,. it's just that simply put there are a lot of nutritional experts out there with a gimmick, as well as diet aids, pills, shakes, exercise machine gimmicks,. and on and on, and they all need one thing, correct eating habits, healthy foods, and exercise. To save yourself a lot of money, watch his show, then give yourself smaller portions of healthy foods and exercise.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 05:00 AM
    If your eating habits are non normal, unless that means you eat a lot less than you need, you are not going to lose weight. You have to permanently alter your eating and exercise habits or plan on fighting this battle the rest of your life (and it will get harder every passing year). I am no expert but I am experienced and I know there are no easy ways to lose and there are definitely no easy ways to keep it off unless there are permanent changes which means changing habits and that's a difficult task. If you drink a lot of soda, you have to get that out of the equation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to loose weight! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone knows of a real good diet plan that actually works! Next year is my prom and seriously I want to start my diet right now! I'm tried diet pills but they just seem to not work and I couldn't even sleep so I stopped that. Right when I stopped the diet pills I gained even more...

Loose weight or loose my marriage! [ 60 Answers ]

I have been married for about 12 years , my husband has always had a problem with my weight. I have never been hugely overweight just a little pudgy.At one time I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 4. I am now at the most I have ever weighed.180 size 12/14 See the thing is, for the past...

13 yr old NEEDS to loose weight [ 10 Answers ]

I need to loose as much weight as I can in the next month!I'm 13 and (5 foot?)whats the best way to loose weight?

I need to loose weight ! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I am really unhappy with my weight. My mum says I am OK so I can't really go all " I want to loose weight " on her so eating healthy ( I do anyway but extra ) is out of the question and I can only do limted exercise because I have a dodgy knee. Please help !

Loose weight [ 10 Answers ]

What is the best way to loose weight? Please help me?

View more questions Search