Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpgirl419 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Dark brown hair dye turned my hair red!
    Ok, well I wanted to dye my hair dark brown, and it came out a deep red, that was lighter red at the roots. I had it dyed to ash brown (my natural color) and if faded in about 3 days. So 2 weeks later my hair was red again so I got it dyed ash brown again. And after a few days it started fading, however it only faded at the top, so the top of my hair is red and the bottom is ash brown. All of this professional dying is getting really expensive! All I want is my ash brown color back. However I thought of using a color remover and then dying over it but I'm afraid it will damage my hair. Should I dye the top blonde and then dye ash brown over it? What should I do to get back to ash brown completely( the top too)??
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 19, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Hello, gpgirl419. I've received your PM. Some brown hair colors contain a red base which can result in a red cast on your hair. If your hair won't hold a hair coloring product or the color keeps fading, you will need to use a protein color filler to seal the color into your hair shaft. Apply a brown color filler to your hair, let it set for 20 minutes and then apply your desired hair color. This will keep your hair color from fading. You will find protein color fillers at a Beauty supply store.
    gpgirl419 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Thank you so much, I will use your advice.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 20, 2008, 05:25 PM
    You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Trying to dye dark brown hair red. [ 4 Answers ]

:( I have dark brown hair and I really want to dye it red. So I went out and bought a Auburn red hair dye and dyed it. Now my hair is medium length, but the hair dye I bought had a girl with short hair on the box.. I didn't think it matters. Well I love the color, but it didn't really get my...

Trying to dye red hair dark brown [ 10 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair red for years and have recently decided to let it go natural (dark brown). So I dyed my brassy red hair a pretty dark brown from a box and really liked the results, only to find that - surprise, surprise - with every wash it gets much lighter and much reder (even though it...

Hair Dye Trauma-Hair turned way too dark [ 5 Answers ]

I naturally have darkish brown hair that gets lighter in the summer, then I got highlights, and one time bleach was used. I decided I didn't want so much maintenance, so I decided to dye it back to my natural color. However, the color now is SO dark, and I hate it! I bought a clarifying shampoo and...

Brown hair dye turend dark red [ 1 Answers ]

I am a natural blonde and last week I went to the hair dresser to get my hair dyed brown well the day after my hair was a dark green so I went back to get it fixed now my hair is a dark brown/red with a bit of orange:eek: what can I do to get the colors to fade quick? I want the red/orange gone...

View more questions Search